Memory Stick Advice

I have had a search but didn't find an answer, I'm about to purchase A memory stick for use with a new Avtex Tv, can someone advise as to how much recording time is available for a given size stick?

Also, are there any special or preferable types of stick to ensure good performance?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Don't know about recording time, but I have 45 compact discs on my stick in mp3 format, to play through the Avtex. Lots of music with no weight. My stick is just a normal 4gb one. For recording the more gb's the better, I would say.

capacity-table-video._V194381757_.gif

Video recording time.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

A 32Gb stick arrived from Amazon today,

Having formatted it it's showing 6 hours available recording time.

Thanks to those who replied.

Is that MP3 music or MP4-AVI-WMV Video?

The only trouble i find is that no matter what size stick/memory device you get, you will always need more.

I have amassed quite a collection of memory sticks, i started with a couple of 1gb sticks, then a couple of 2gb, 2x8gb, a 250gb hard drive, and now i have even ended up with a 1tb portable hard drive.

Then there are memory cards that you insert in your digital cameras's and camcorders. ..the list is endless?

It relates to tv recording time, I used the tv to format the stick, on screen shows 6 hours. I'm not too technical! I just wanted to pre record a few hours of Tv to view at weekends when touring.

Still studying the manual, but very impressed with the Avtex so far :)

Just had a look at the Avtex 18. 5 model. Seems to have all the bells and whistles BUT if you wanted to use a flat mount a wall i can see having a hell of a job using the rear inputs/outputs. It would have to be an adjustable vesa mount.

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,

Currys do a 19in Logic LED TV which fits our Swift TV unit

It also accepts memory sticks and costs a lot less than the Avtex at £119

The picture is briliant

We were allowed to keep the 2 year old (and fatter than current models))Avtex from the Senator when we traded in

It fitted the Swift bracket OK and turned well through 180deg and played through the caravan radio but the set was too deep to retract up into the Swift TV housing

I much preferred the Bailey swivel TV panel

Edited by Watson(JohnG)