New Insurance

Maffffster

Hi,

Just brought my first caravan. Can anyone recommend a good insurance company to use and would I be right in think I need some form

Of public liability for damage if the caravan come detached from the car ?

Thanks

Disco 3 and Bailey Segovia 

Hi,

Just brought my first caravan. Can anyone recommend a good insurance company to use and would I be right in think I need some form

Of public liability for damage if the caravan come detached from the car ?

Thanks

hi

i got a good deal and really helpful sales guy at cover4caravan ,£156 a year depending what cover you want. .can but try them

I had no problems buying mine from the Camping and Caravan Club.

You may feel it is worth looking for breakdown cover with them as well.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

As with anything these days shop around. It seems to be the case that any Company will match a quote from another Company, or knock off £20. However, do remember that they hope to hit you after year 1 with an increased premuim that covers the discount given. Why insurance Companies have forgotten that loyalty bonuses will pay more dividends is beyond me but I suspect it is due to internal bonuses being paid on the number of 'new' customers signed up.

However, with any Policy due check the small print especially for what is included, or excluded. Also if you plan on going abroad check what cover is being offered.

Volvo V70 and Cristall Samoa 450

I believe public liability insurance for the likes of for example your van going walk about whilst towing is covered by your car insurance - but make sure you tell your car insurers that you have a tow-bar fitted.

Jimbo

hi

i got a good deal and really helpful sales guy at cover4caravan ,£156 a year depending what cover you want. .can but try them

Same here - Cover4caravan (Cover4) - thought mine was only £117 for a £7,000 Avondale - They beat a SAGA quote of £122 - I was really pleased :)

"keep your motor running"

caravan: Avondale Avocet ( 2006) - tow car: Renault Laguna (2007) - play car: Mercedes 300SL (1988)