Water Pump Issues

springtime

I have a Crystal Maxi pump which plugs into the side of the caravan.

Not the best piece of kit, there are 2 retaining clips that have to be turned to hold it into position. Maybe it's worn but I have to ensure that the unit is pushed in hard and the retaining clips are also pushed in hard to take out ant slack. It would seem that the clips are an interference fit designed to do this or is it that my unit is just worn.

I also notice that after a lot of pump activity the vibration of thye pump causes the cover cap to move back up the pipe thereby leaving a gap for dirt to enter the Aquaroll.

Are these common problems?

It may be that the 'O' ring on the plug is a special size and may only be sourced from a caravan shop.

I used an 'O' ring from a multi-set and it was tight fit .

Proper ring is OK.

Dont know about vibration.

It sounds like a new pump required. Maybe the impeller has worn out.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Think Lunar must of threw what ever they had left over from other projects when they did the limited edition. ... Once again yours has different kit to ours. We have the Truma Ultraflow fitted. ..

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Think Lunar must of threw what ever they had left over from other projects when they did the limited edition. ... Once again yours has different kit to ours. We have the Truma Ultraflow fitted. ..

Yeah you're probably right but the Truma Crystal Maxi Pump is the one that they show in my Lunar handbook.