Seasonal Pitches - What Discount Do You Expect ?

bigjimmy

I was only asked last night for the very first time a question from a potential visitor who wanted to stop for 6 months.

What sort of discount off the normal pitch charges would you be looking for ?

not sure what facilities you have on your site but i have been quoted (sometimes paid) between 1600 and 2400€ for a seasons pitch on 3-4-5 star sites - minimum april - sept upto march - end october. usually includes agreement that, in addition to our caravan & the 2 of us, 4 members of the family can erect a tent/s on our pitch and stay at no extra cost.

the sites are normally on/walking distance to the beach. HTH

That has surely got to be a commercial decision only you can take.

If you think you can keep that pitch fully occupied for the six months in question, why would you want to discount it at all?

Name them a price based on what you think the realistic occupancy of the pitch might be.

I've always used seasonal pitches so am out of touch with how much nightly fees are. The site i'm on now is still an unofficial one for now as ongoing works happening but in the past for a March - October pitch we've paid between £850-1000, EHU included, toilets, showers, utility room and washing machines on site so basic. Then you have the option of winter storage at a cost of £90 - £150 either leaving the van on the same pitch or moving it into a storage area. One site though ontop of their site fee charged an extra £100 for an awning which I paid grudgingly. Reason I grudged it was because it wasn't taking up anymore space plus we don't have a car :angry:

But as said it would be up to you. We come and go as we please, are away most weekends, almost every weekend plus we sometimes go up to check / work on the van so just have a cuppa etc. Not done the maths but this is the easiest option for us and I think I can safely say we get our money's worth.

Compass Shadow 1988

Archived