Cris Xtra

Well we've collected the new Van had our first night in it Nice and cosy great nights sleep and this morning, starting to get it all registered to us CRiS registration done but they asked if we would be interested in the CRiS Xtra, seems to be like motorbike tags cost about £33 is it any good? i like the idea of more security, but woundered if it would be better spent putting it toward a tracker or alarm?

your thoughts please. .

thanks eamonn

You get 1000 micro dots with the CRiS number on and some Stick-on labels. Plus an electronic tag which can be located by a scanner close to the van

Only useful to put off would be thieves really.

Would they steal a van which is so well marked?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Well we've collected the new Van had our first night in it Nice and cosy great nights sleep and this morning, starting to get it all registered to us CRiS registration done but they asked if we would be interested in the CRiS Xtra, seems to be like motorbike tags cost about £33 is it any good? i like the idea of more security, but woundered if it would be better spent putting it toward a tracker or alarm?

your thoughts please. .

thanks eamonn

Hi VOB. I purchased/subscribed to the CRiS Xtra last year. Your caravan has to be actually stolen before the ID can be verified. The system requires a pellet approx 30mmlong by 4mm in diameter to be dropped into a pre-bored hole in your caravan. It has to conform with certain requirements in order that it can be scanned and read,a bit like a dog or cat with a Micro-Chip in the 'Ruff' of the neck.

There are also Micro Dots & labels that carry your CRiS registration number.

I put my pellet into the floor of the caravan in a position that conformed with the requirements. I figured that if it was nicked and stripped of the parts that it might have been nicked for,at least the floor is likely to still be scanned.

It cost me £30. 00,it is a back-up only in the event of etchings being adulterated.

The Tracker is claimed to be the way forward but they are not cheap & carry amd annual subscription fee.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Hi got my CRiS extra kit this year i think the pellet has been replaced with a window sticker type that can be scanned thro fibreglass and plastic but not metal.

i have seen a tracker on ebay that is a one off fee. ...it is a gps tracker a vodafone pay as you go sim card fits in and it will txt youthe location of your caravan on request. ...seller was sourcinglimited.

I have not saved up enough money to get one yet so cant tell you how good they are.

hope this helped

Thanks for the replys people, think i might go ahead the more reasons to prevent a thief has got to be good, i have a tracker on one of my cars (insurance company insisted it being fitted and activated) i also had a state of the art alarm/immobilisor fitted, as its sometimes too late with a tracker the thief has already damaged the vehicle at least with an alarm might prevent the theft in the first place. .

thanks again

eamonn