1 Night Stopover Site Near Rouen France?

The better half and me are off to France in June next year and we are wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a stopover campsite preferably just south of Rouen? Needs to be fairly close to the A28. We intend to stopover for 1 night on way down to Montignac and 1 night on way back up to the tunnel. Doesnt need to be anything fancy as long as its fairly close to the A28.

Thanks

Jim

The A28 south of Rouen is a very expensive toll motorway. There are toll free routes which are also good towing roads. As for sites, this one is north of Rouen but is very close to the A28 and in the village there are several supermarket filling stations.

http://www. caravancampingsites. co. uk/france/76/sainteclaire. htm

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Hi Beer . ....

. .. we stay, our first night, at Sainte Claire . ...... in September, ASCI card taken . ...

. .. nice little site, only 1 km from A28, and eLerclec fuel 400mts away . .....

. ... but try and get there before 16h00, we were there at 17h00 . .. and queue of 7 vans and M/Hs . ...

Cheers

Pete

Hi John, yes I think we will have to look more closely at routes avoiding tolls. What I don't want is to add hours / miles to our journey trying to avoid them completely? This is only our second time in France so we are in a large learning curve and always open to suggestions for routes etc.

Jim

Hi, we recently made a trip to Kent via Calais. We stopped overnight very near to Honfleur. The site was just off of Le Pont du Normandie. LeClerc and Carrefour supermarkets close by for fuel and grub.

Was just right for us.

http://www. camping-honfleur. com/FR_presentation. htm

Good luck.

The better half and me are off to France in June next year and we are wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a stopover campsite preferably just south of Rouen? Needs to be fairly close to the A28. We intend to stopover for 1 night on way down to Montignac and 1 night on way back up to the tunnel. Doesnt need to be anything fancy as long as its fairly close to the A28.

Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim

I would highly recommend Camping Saint-Nicolas near the village of Le Bec-Hellouin which is very close the A28 south of Rouen and would fit your needs extremely well.

We stayed here in 2008 and you can read my review (Tim and Cary) and others here:

UKCS/sites/reviews. asp?revid=8165

It was a pleasant rural site and the village is beautiful.

Tim

Hi Jim

I would highly recommend Camping Saint-Nicolas near the village of Le Bec-Hellouin which is very close the A28 south of Rouen and would fit your needs extremely well.

We stayed here in 2008 and you can read my review (Tim and Cary) and others here:

http://www. ukcampsit. ...asp?revid=8165

Tim

Thanks Tim, that looks to be right on our proposed route (subject to change). Nice one!!

Jim

We used Camping Municipal, Bernay as a one nighter on our way down, and on return, in May and July this year. Very nice little site and if you get some time (maybe on your return) I would recommend going down into the old town - it's a real gem of a place. We drove down cos we didn't fancy the long walk back up the hill.

We saw this in Herr Klyne's caravan travels.

Website is http://www. ville-ber. ..ebergement. html

We emailed a reservation (no deposit) for the nights we wanted - and got a confirmation. I used a proforma email from ACSI for this, but if you are struggling I can PM you my example if you wish.

Jimbo

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

We always stop over at Le Bel Air in Louviers http://www. camping-lebelair. fr/ which is very handy if you take the toll free route down to Boreaux etc. , via the A154 & the N10

There is also a large Carefour or Auchan with an easily accessed filling station on junction 3 of the A154 which you pass as you leave Louviers.

Hi Jim

http://www. ukcampsit. ...asp?revid=8165

Tim

Darn, wish I'd known about that site before - we stopped in the municipal site in Brionne, just up the road.

OK site but very narrow site roads, so we were lucky it was almost totally empty! Very wet when we arrived and the pitches were immaculate - but because the lanes were so small, I had to reverse backwards and forwards about 10 times to get onto our pitch and I made a right mess of the opposite pitch :( . First time I've come across the infamous French 'hole-in-the-floor' toilets, which fascinated the kids ;) (they had normal toilets as well but no toilet seats!? Weird. ...)

Edited by nelmo

Another vote for camping Sainte Claire at Neufchatel en Bray. A cracking little site and very convenient for A28.

Yes the site in Neufchatel is very good, having stopped once this year (and many times before) we decided to stay near Boulogne so we were closer to Dunkirk the next day. Wish we hadn't because the site was only OK and lots of french statics there.

If you want quiet night Neufchatel is best and you can fill up at the LeClerc just half mile down the road!

Lunar Ultima 560 towed by VW Tiguan 2. 0TDi

Yes the site in Neufchatel is very good, having stopped once this year (and many times before) we decided to stay near Boulogne so we were closer to Dunkirk the next day. Wish we hadn't because the site was only OK and lots of french statics there.

If you want quiet night Neufchatel is best and you can fill up at the LeClerc just half mile down the road!

Looks like the site in Neufchatel is the one to go for - many thanks to all!!

Oh, will we need to book in June??

Hi Jim . ...

. .. I wouldn't have thought so . ....

. ... and if you want to us your ACSI card . ... you can't book ahead . ....

Cheers

Pete