Nec Show Reports - 2 Videos New Online Today

ChrisG46

Nice idea getting the tougher questions; we got some real informaton out. Well done Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the interview with Bailey. As they haven't had to tighten a single Alu-Tech bolt, do you know if the requirement to check them all on the 3rd year service will be dropped and the service cost reduced from £350?

Brian

Chris,

Thanks for the interview with Bailey. As they haven't had to tighten a single Alu-Tech bolt, do you know if the requirement to check them all on the 3rd year service will be dropped and the service cost reduced from £350?

Brian

The bolts was one of the questions I fed to Chris. I suspect its too early to be sure - the first production caravans will be coming up for a bolt check will be in 6 months time. Bailey will have a better idea of the situation this time next year.

Sadly, I'm just one old geezer, and can't do everything . . .

But more new video online later today!

Hi.

Good work. Unfortunately illness within my family prevented me travelling hence it's good to keep in touch in this way.

By the way. No sign of a 10 year warranty from Lunar?

Regards

vectra

Sadly, I'm just one old geezer, and can't do everything . . .

But more new video online later today!

Not a criticism of you Chris. ....just could believe Stealth could put such poor examples of workmanship on show

Went yesterday, made a beeline for the Stealth stand to see what their new vans are like and loved them, the front set of drawers is so clever we wondered why no-one else is doing it. The layout of our current stealth works better for us and we love it's bold design so we're not changing right now even though the outside of the new ones is so cool! Spoke to the chap who sold us ours to find out how they're doing and he said they're recruiting more staff to keep up with demand. Good for them, especially in this climate. Looked around other caravans. The monopod van looked really nice, but for 40k+ one would hope so! Loved the inos slide-out caravan but would not want to pull something that heavy, be good as a seasonal pitch van though, nice interior. Everything else blended together with nothing else standing out to us. Decided to contemplate an awning, never had one before, had a look at isabellas, decided to think about it over lunch and decided against, we tend to move sites quite often and don't want the hassle of putting up and down. Ended up just buying a new entry step but was silly enough to do this early in the day and then had to carry it around with me, not recommended. Popped back to stealth on our way out to say goodbye and asked how their day had been, apparently they were more than happy with sales at the show, I would never outright take everything a salesperson says to me without some cynicism but the stealth bunch seemed way happier than most of the other salespeople we'd seen in the day. A great day out leaving us absolutely shattered but we're really pleased we went!

Good luck with getting an awning on your Stealth. .... this was the new model

12102011182.jpg

The red circles show where the rail is almost totally closed, the red boxes indicate where there were horrible mismatched joints in the awning rail and the yellow circles highlight where there were hideous mastic filled joints. ...... I also didn't notice any openings in the rails to feed an awning in.

12102011179.jpg

This is a close up of the same new models rear corner. ...... all this after these problems were pointed out to Stealth on the original launch of there vans. .... when they also very rudely threw us off the stand rather than listen to any constructive criticism.

Isn't too much sealant better than too little? Every caravan I've owned has has visible sealant and thankfully I haven't had a leaky one yet!!! You're obviously a competitor to this new brand scared of their new product!!! The picture's you've posted are of the none-door side, how often is an awning put on that side? How often do most campsite allows this??? In the highly unlikely event you don't work for one of their competitors why don't you start making your own caravans, you're quite obviously an "expert" at it!!! I expect we all look forward to coming and seeing your perfect creation at the next show in 2012, the "Burnt" brand of caravans!!!

No I'm not a competitor. .... just can't believe they aren't learning from mistakes. ... a show caravan should be produced to top notch quality. ... not thrown together like they have done at every show I've seen them at. If one was delivered to me in that state of finish I would be keeping my money and walking away from the deal.

When I buy a van I expect it all work not just one side of it. .... I often have an awning or canopy both sides of the van. The rails on them have been the same both sides since they first launched. .... and I've seen them at 5 shows now

I also expect to be able to maintain the equipment installed, the first vans they produced and showed had no access to the water heater to maintain it. .... well not unless you ripped the entire kitchen out.

It's not case of too much sealant. .... it is sealant to cover very poorly mated surfaces which is not good especially as it ages . ... I'm sure I could have found many more problems if I'd spent the time. Peviously Stealths staff have made it very clear close inspection and asking technical questions was not welcome on the stand, well not unless you had your wallet out.

In comparison the Carlight staff, on the next stand, who knew I only wanted to look couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful

Saw this exact model and close up, the quality was simply not there, never seen so much sealant on the outside of a van- quite shocking!

Good luck with getting an awning on your Stealth. .... this was the new model

12102011182.jpg

The red circles show where the rail is almost totally closed, the red boxes indicate where there were horrible mismatched joints in the awning rail and the yellow circles highlight where there were hideous mastic filled joints. ...... I also didn't notice any openings in the rails to feed an awning in.

12102011179.jpg

This is a close up of the same new models rear corner. ...... all this after these problems were pointed out to Stealth on the original launch of there vans. .... when they also very rudely threw us off the stand rather than listen to any constructive criticism.

Sorry Burnt but. .. what are you on?? Seriously?

I mean, the quality on the Stealth was WAY up on anything they have done before. There was a £40k Carlight accross from where you must have of been standing to take those picture and that was even worse for excess sealent. Theres was even worse as the Carlight was obviously even older van as the extra sealent had started going black from the dust sticking on to it.

The Stealth quality was way up on what they brought to the first show and was just as good as Coachman, Elddis or anyone else i went on to.

Why can I say just as good? SImple - when I WANTED to find excess sealent, or a dodgy hinge, or anything else wrong with any of Caravans from ANY manufacturer, I could find it as I was LOOKING for it.

You are simply one of those people who thought the first stealth wasnt very well put together. And you know what? you were right, well done. You spotted what everyone else spotted!

But you are also one of those people that cannot ever back down and accept when things have changed. Stealth are making up to the standard of the industry so well done to them.

I wouldnt have bought the first steatlh ones but I am very close to changing my Swift for one of these!

Archived