Caravan Club Credit Card

Dave225

I do not know if this affects anyone else who has a Caravan Club Credit Card but it would appear their online system (Barclaycard) has been having a fault since last Saturday. Having gone through the tortuous process of calling them I have been advised that the error being seen every time I try to log in is due to a fault with Barclaycard and should be fixed by the 14th. My main reason for checking was that my card has just been changed by Barclaycard due to some fraudulent activity unknown to me. I had therefore initially assumed the error message was due to the card change, but evidently not so.

I would also point out that when I started with the Caravan Club the card was issued by another Company and I doubt I would have chosen Barclaycard, however, now being retired I have no choice but to stick with it. Their telephone support service usually leaves me wanting to scream and get drunk.

Anyway, if you cannot log in then this is probably the reason.

when I started with the Caravan Club the card was issued by another Company and I doubt I would have chosen Barclaycard, however, now being retired I have no choice but to stick with it.

Begs the question why? Changing to another card should not be a problem.

The day the Caravan Club credit card stopped giving points, I changed over to one that gave rewards. My main one now is the Tesco one, as that covers us for two return trips PA to Calais on the tunnel. and our other one is a the Nationwide Gold card for use in the EU when we've crossed the Channel.

I would also point out that when I started with the Caravan Club the card was issued by another Company and I doubt I would have chosen Barclaycard, however, now being retired I have no choice but to stick with it. Their telephone support service usually leaves me wanting to scream and get drunk.

You have every choice my friend, being retired does not mean you can not get a credit card if you want to change the one you have, credit card companies love pensioners as we are the only ones left with any money :mellow:

Mike

It maybe depends on how rich you are as a pensioner. Even Saga will not look at you unless you have at least £12000 per annum coming in. I have money but not as income so I do not pass 'go'.

When I started with the CC the card was run by Liverpool Victoria and they paid 5% interest on credit balances, so we used it as a savings scheme for holidays, plus we got the site vouchers. However, in these straightened times you get nothing now, except th vouchers, although I ensure they do not get any interest from me.

I do not use it that much as I also have a pre paid one I use for internet purchases, plus we have Amex as a back up. I also never use it abroad as the costs are too high. If Barclaycard decide to start charging an annual fee, then it will get ditched. I would also be more inpressed if they used English people for their call centres, I am sure I am talking in downtown Delhi during the rush hour.

However, the point of the Post was that the website is evidently down until tomorrow.

I have the CC Credit card soley for the "Free" nights voucher scheme, but it does now cost me over £3000 per night. :o

I have the CC Credit card soley for the "Free" nights voucher scheme, but it does now cost me over £3000 per night. :o

Thats exactly why I cancelled mine, I can,t believe the CC can,t get a better deal for members. Maybe they woudln,t get their "cut" if they changed to another provider.

Maybe more people should vote with their feet, I know a few members that have.

No disrespect it is not costing you £3000 per night. If you are using the card for purchases you would make anyway, then it is a bonus, albeit not a brilliant one. Many people stick with Tesco for the Clubcard points. I received 4 Camping Cheque vouchers ealrier this year as I had not realised that i had built up points over quite a long time. I would not go out of my way just to get them, but did accept them happily.

Wow they must be deluxe sites that you stay on :)

I was disappointed when they reduced the number of vouchers per year. Now I have to get OH to use here card once I've used my allocation but I still have to pay the bill. Still we get our main holiday mainly free.

No disrespect it is not costing you £3000 per night. If you are using the card for purchases you would make anyway, then it is a bonus, albeit not a brilliant one.

That is why I continue to use it, but wanted to point out how much you now have to pay to get 1 voucher, which would equate to about £25 as this is the average "peak price! to pay on club sites per night, we will be using ours for the Christmas break, that is if we are not snowed in!!

Archived