Changing My Car Socket

I've an old Pajero (N reg) and a 2009 Lunar Lexon,the caravan has the new 700 pin plug on (i'm exagerating)but my car only has the black socket for the van lights etc,i'm currently using the adapter I bought when purchasing the van,I wondered how much approximately it would cost to have a new socket fitted to the car to enable me to run the fridge and charge up the battery whilst travelling?

Cheers.

GINGER

Cost will vary and I would suggest getting a few quotes . You also need to decide if you need to go to the expense as some caravanners tow with only one socket staying mainly on EHU sites for charging battery and putting a frozen bottle of water in the fridge to keep it cool while travelling .

Dave

I've an old Pajero (N reg) and a 2009 Lunar Lexon,the caravan has the new 700 pin plug on (i'm exagerating)but my car only has the black socket for the van lights etc,i'm currently using the adapter I bought when purchasing the van,I wondered how much approximately it would cost to have a new socket fitted to the car to enable me to run the fridge and charge up the battery whilst travelling?

Cheers.

GINGER

To give you sort of idea of cost, this link shows a dedicated wiring loom and the cost for one model of Shogun. The same company also supplies dedicated looms for 12N and 12S sockets and through associated companies installs tow bars and tow bar wiring.

I am not connected with this company but I have recently purchased dedicated looms from them and fitted them to my Passat tug .

Edited by DeeTee

I was quoted £80+VAT for a complete rewire to 13 pin socket

So was I. Difficulty is we have to take the old van back with 2 plugs and collect the new one with one plug. Which comes first, the chicken or the egg!!!!

Perhaps we can borrow an adapter.

Edited by jks

Just a thought can you not get them to wire the new plug but also leave the old plug connected to? its not as if you will be using them both. also wouldn't cost any more as its already fitted

So was I. Difficulty is we have to take the old van back with 2 plugs and collect the new one with one plug. Which comes first, the chicken or the egg!!!!

Perhaps we can borrow an adapter.

This adaptor is not very expensive.

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Waterproof-13-7-Pin-Trailer-Electric-Adapter-Plug-Towbar-Towing-Socket-/190582066799?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item2c5f938e6f

John.