Unicorn Valencia Side Running Lights

idchapp

Hi

Can anyone tell me when Bailey started to fit side running lights on the Unicorn Valencia. I collected mine in April 2011 and it has 3 reflectors on each side.

Thanks

Ian

We picked ours up on the 17th March 2011, it had been manufactured the week before.

It has 3 running lights each side, not reflectors.

Dave

Edited by caraman1

HI

Thanks for your reply. We picked our Valencia up on April 15th 2011, ordered in early March. I noticed the side running lights at the NEC yesterday and after research here realised they had been fitted to Valencias earlier. Got me worried that we had an older Van, but my VIN states it was built 2011, that is if I am reading it correctly. I have contacted Bailey and am waiting a reply.

HI

Thanks for your reply. We picked our Valencia up on April 15th 2011, ordered in early March. I noticed the side running lights at the NEC yesterday and after research here realised they had been fitted to Valencias earlier. Got me worried that we had an older Van, but my VIN states it was built 2011, that is if I am reading it correctly. I have contacted Bailey and am waiting a reply.

From my understanding a 2011 VIN shows it is a 2011 model but this 2011 VIN was applied from the end of September 2010. ie if you buy a van manufactured today it will have a 2012 VIN

Dave

Edited by caraman1

Hi

Ok thanks for that. Getting a bit worried now that we have a 2010 valencia. The dealer did not give us that impression however, even phoned Bailey while we were there, I think they had some orders already in. Does your van have a radiator in the bathroom? I think that was another addition to the 2011 models. I'm looking forward to Baileys reply. Maybe I should contact the dealer too.

Thanks

Ian

Ours manufactured Nov 2011. Got the running light. Got the battery box near the axle later models have it further back and the bed box flap near the axle. We have not got the better heating in the back end. From what I could see you can only tell if it's the later system by the bigger wooden box on the floor of the bathroom next to the towel rail. Bailey can tell you the date of manufacture. Hope this helps.

We have got a radiator in the bathroom. It is on the left as you go in and before the towel rail take off. If you look through the cut-outs you should see the fins of the radiator.

Dave

Picked up my valencia last October it has 2 running lights on each side, bailey changed this to 3 each side, they are now screw in running lights, the earlier ones were adhesive backed running lights.

Mick

Hi

Can anyone tell me when Bailey started to fit side running lights on the Unicorn Valencia. I collected mine in April 2011 and it has 3 reflectors on each side.

Thanks

Ian

Sorry to tell you its a 2010 model . Bailey dealers have been guilty of this before.

Jt

Edited by JTS

Coachman Pastiche

Hi All

Thanks for all your replies. Had more developments today. I ordered the Van in march 2011, took delivery on April 15th. I checked the VIN number with Bailey, they told me it was delivered to my dealer on 1st september 2010. In other words my dealer sold me a caravan that he had had on site for 8 months before i stepped through the door, but did nt say he had. I have checked through the paperwork and found another VIN number on the Gas Test certificate, i again contacted Bailey who told me that that caravan was delivered on 13th April 2011, ie. the caravan i should have been given. And that warranty was started in May 2011. My dealer assures me he is looking into what went wrong. What a mess. Really knocked the shine off. also when i took it in for wheel nut recall the workshop guy said the studs were rusty, he had not seen that before and Bailey should be informed. Not surprising as it had stood in the worse winter weather for years. So i await another call from the dealer tomorrow, as far as I'm concerned I should get a replacement. What are my legal rights here? Comments welcome.

Ian

idchapp

I have a pre-owned or second hand caravan which, according to the VIN, was manufactured in 2007 but registered in 2008 when the first owner took delivery. The manufacturer's warranty took effect in 2008 and the residue of the warranty was transferred to me when I bought the 'van two years ago.

As my caravan was purchased second hand I have absolutely no idea whether earlier or later models varied in any way from the specification which I have and suggest that your sales contract will probably have a clause to allow for variations in specification.

DeeTee

Edited by DeeTee

I was in the dealers office when he phoned Bailey in March 2011 to order my Valencia, little knowing that the caravan i would receive on April 15th having arrived at the dealers 2 days before, was at that very moment sitting in his storage area, and had been since 1st September 2010. An amazing error has been made which the dealer does admit too, ie. I was given the wrong caravan, however I wait his answer as to what he will do about it. Makes me feel very foolish, very done.

Ian

As far as I am aware all Unicorns are 2011 Model year. With all caravan manufacturers it is the model year not the year of manufacture that is relevant. There have been many threads on this subject. As with cars Caravans can have been at the Factory or Dealer for some time before thay are sold "new". Warranty only applies from the day first sold and registered with CRiS. Bailey are always upgrading their 'Vans and in the past have tried to steer clear of of model years. All Caravans were 2011 models until 1st September when the new model year came in (2012).

Hi All

Thanks for all your replies. Had more developments today. I ordered the Van in march 2011, took delivery on April 15th. I checked the VIN number with Bailey, they told me it was delivered to my dealer on 1st september 2010.

My dealer assures me he is looking into what went wrong. What a mess. Really knocked the shine off.

So i await another call from the dealer tomorrow, as far as I'm concerned I should get a replacement. What are my legal rights here? Comments welcome.

Ian

Don't know your legal rights, but from the information received you were supplied with a 2010 model year van when you ordered a 2011 model. I certainly would have expected the Dealer to be open and honest with you, and to have got a significant price reduction as although new, the VIN will show it to be a 2010 model and that will reduce the price when you come to sell it. I would be devistated if I found this out about my van and am very sorry to hear your story.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi

Many thanks for all your replies, it is a very difficult story to put across. I understand the model years etc, my problem is that i took delivery of a new caravan that i was told had arrived at the dealers 2 days before as per my order. What I really got was a 2010 model they had had in stock for 8 months. I did not do the deal for that, no price reductions made for a 2010 model, I was not even made aware they had this Valencia in stock. The mistake has been made at the dealers, they must have discovered it after the event but never told me, as I said some of the paperwork i got has a different VIN number to the one I have, this was the caravan I should have been given, I will update when I have a resolution to this. Many thanks again to you all.

Ian

As far as I am aware all Unicorns are 2011 Model year. With all caravan manufacturers it is the model year not the year of manufacture that is relevant. There have been many threads on this subject. As with cars Caravans can have been at the Factory or Dealer for some time before thay are sold "new". Warranty only applies from the day first sold and registered with CRiS. Bailey are always upgrading their 'Vans and in the past have tried to steer clear of of model years. All Caravans were 2011 models until 1st September when the new model year came in (2012).

Hi

Many thanks for all your replies, it is a very difficult story to put across. I understand the model years etc, my problem is that i took delivery of a new caravan that i was told had arrived at the dealers 2 days before as per my order. What I really got was a 2010 model they had had in stock for 8 months. I did not do the deal for that, no price reductions made for a 2010 model, I was not even made aware they had this Valencia in stock. The mistake has been made at the dealers, they must have discovered it after the event but never told me, as I said some of the paperwork i got has a different VIN number to the one I have, this was the caravan I should have been given, I will update when I have a resolution to this. Many thanks again to you all.

Ian

If the dealer has had this van for several months it must be an ex. display model, check the other vin. that you have is not is not sitting in his showroom, if it is you have been done.

hi

Yes already checked the other VIN with Bailey, the warranty for that caravan was registered in May. Not heard from dealer as yet. But have taken some legal advice

ian

Edited by idchapp

Not sure if its me but how can you have a van Manufactered in November 2011, unless l have fell asleep and not woken up November 2011 hasn't arrived yet. Our van is due to be built tommorow so the dealer tells me 17th of October 2011, dose that mean my van will be older than the one thats now on the road yet still aint built yet. Just a bit of tongue cheek, please don't take offence l assume you meant November 2010.