Caravan Club Web Site Log-In Problems With A Mac

Flat90

I can not log in to the Caravan Club’s web site using an Apple Mac, their “web advice expert” says check my password, so no help from them! So I was wondering is anyone else on this forum (there must be some Mac users apart from me out there) is having the same problem or have found a way to get round the fundamental design error in the CC web site that just redirects a Mac back to the log in page and so on, meaning you will never log in.

Thanks Dave:

I'm not using a Mac, but when I tried to log on the CC site earlier it was down for mtce. Wonder if this is why you are having problems?

The site was down this morning due to maintenance,but is up and running now.

Doosan

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Correction it was OK when I first posted,but is down again. :angry:

Doosan

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

You could always try using a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox. This could help identify whether it's your browser (therefore Mac) or their site.

Also, if you're feeling a bit tech-savvy you could try pinging their site, though I've not done this on a Mac. ..

Tim
Developer | Caravan Talk

Just tried logging on with our MacBook Pro, got straight in, that's using Safari.

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Thanks for the replies. I'm still not able to 'log on' to the CC site with any Mac's now tried 5, using either Safari or Firefox. Strange as the CC site is the only one I can not 'log onto'.

Dave:

The CC website is probably experiencing a few technical difficulties. I've not heard of an issue like that which only affects Macs.

If you have access to a PC, Windows or Linux, or a smartphone, non-IOS, try accessing the CC site.

Tim
Developer | Caravan Talk

Just spotted this any clues here?

You say 5 Macs, are they all at different locations or did you try to access the CC site with all of them via the same Router?

Edited by Griff

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

3 Mac's at the same location, same router. 2 others elsewhere. But have loged in today using the latest iMac and the latest version of OSX and Safari, So it seems as if the problem is with me. I'm running the last version of Safari V4 and the last version of Firefox V3. It looks like the CC site only supports the very latest version of the browsers. Thanks for the help/advice, so its either only book CCC sites, (not an option) up grade my iMac's (maybe) or buy a Netbook PC with windows, now thats something i though I would never. Now Steve Jobs will be turing in his grave.

Dave:

Hi bartow, I know the latest version of Safari is v5. But I can only run v4. 1. 3 which I think is last version of v4 I can run on OSX 10. 4. 11, the last of OSX 10. Safari v5 will only run on OSX11 which does not run on my 'now' outdated Mac's. The CC web site does say it compatible with Safari v2 and above, but it looks like when the CC up graded their site that changed and they may have missed out some coding.

Hi, like †he others no problem logging in to the CC site with my Macbook running OSX 10. 5. 8 and Chrome 14. 0. 835. 202.

This is a useful website that checks if a site is down for everyone or just your computer

http://www. downforeveryoneorjustme. com/

hope this helps.