Ariel/satellite Connections

I have got a satellite system and need to know, could i use the caravans normal ariel socket to connect the satellite dish to.

i. e. if i put a normal ariel connection on one end of the coax and a "F" connector on the other.

Would this work?

Hi Trevor

Yes that will work I have an external Sat & TV connection on my van. Just buy a couple of Co-Ax to F plugs and sockets from Maplin to conver each end of the Co-ax.

I wanted to change over to a twin LNB on my sattelite dish so just did the above and now have both Sat channels on my Humax HD Box.

Regards

Edited by Alan J

I wanted to change over to a twin LNB on my sattelite dish so just did the above and now have both Sat channels on my Humax HD Box.

Regards

I did exactly the same thing but I believe that the Maxview "cable entry" box can now be obtained with twin "F" plug connections instead of the usual 1 x "Push fit" TV coax inlet and 1 x Digital "F" plug inlet.

Great thing - Progress!

Vin Blanc

I have got a satellite system and need to know, could i use the caravans normal ariel socket to connect the satellite dish to.

i. e. if i put a normal ariel connection on one end of the coax and a "F" connector on the other.

Would this work?

It should work but you need to be confident that there's a good connection as the cable is also used to provide a DC supply back to the LNB from your receiver.

Thanks for all the replies chaps, im gonna go and find the connections/converters i need.

Cheers

You can get these screw in adapters to change F connectors to coax

289183_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

Make sure you don't have the existing aerial amplifier/power unit connected in circuit or you'll fry it and the satellite box

You can get these screw in adapters to change F connectors to coax

289183_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

Where can you get these from?

• 2 weeks later...

Where can you get these from?

Sorry only just seen your post

You can get them from DIY stores such as B & Q or ebay