Valencia Tv

den123

where do put your tv at the front or on the side as on the front you can see all the cables

Ours is to the side . .. Her ladyship likes to watych a bot of TV in bed b4 settling for the night and we find it easier to view with our feet up in the lounge end. .. But I did upgrade to a 19inch TV.

J

On my Valencia I've fitted mine high up on the bed side of the wall with the blind in it. This entailed fixing a block of wood into the end corner of the wall next to the 'concertena door' in order to mount a bending arm type TV mount. The TV is now out of the way but visable from anywhere (except the shower, lol).The cables are easily fed through the microwave unit vents & out of sight.

On my Valencia I've fitted mine high up on the bed side of the wall with the blind in it. This entailed fixing a block of wood into the end corner of the wall next to the 'concertena door' in order to mount a bending arm type TV mount. The TV is now out of the way but visable from anywhere (except the shower, lol).The cables are easily fed through the microwave unit vents & out of sight.

Sounds interesting care to post a picture or two ?

Sounds interesting care to post a picture or two ?

Might take a while, but watch this space. ..............

Our TV sits on top of the Humax on the worktop adjacent the door.

Although the Avtrex has a decent picture we found the sound poor and the screen size too small, so have replaced it with a 20" Sony.

The wife wouldn't allow a 22".

I cant see how two people can comfortably view a TV on the front shelf, so we use that as a charging station.

We find the front shelf very usable for T. V. as the arm rests are substantial enough to lean against if you are facing that way, feet up of course (good for the circulation). Pull the Bed base that your bum is sat on out just about 6 in - enough to let the back rest to drop down as well and its kinda comfortable. We never thought to try it for the first few trips but give it a go, you might be surprised. AND it leaves the side board free for drinks mixing.

Edited by Alan Stanley

Not totally finished yet, & note screw caps (same as fitted elsewhere) have been left off for clarification. 2 pictures on photobucket (I hope!):

http://s1087. photobucket. com/albums/j466/micktheshed/

Not totally finished yet, & note screw caps (same as fitted elsewhere) have been left off for clarification. 2 pictures on photobucket (I hope!):

http://s1087. photobu. ..66/micktheshed/

Can't get on to photobucket - it's asking for a password. Can you resize the photos and upload to this forum?

Can't get on to photobucket - it's asking for a password. Can you resize the photos and upload to this forum?

Can someone tell me how to do that. (You will have to wait until 30 Oct when I return from Jolly Hols). I'm still recovering from successfuly working photobucket, & have serious doubts if I could manage it again! LOL

Do you need to open an a/c with photobucket before it will let you access?

I do know how to att. them to an e-mail (took me weeks to get that good!) so if you are desperate I could possibly send them to you direct.

Can someone tell me how to do that. (You will have to wait until 30 Oct when I return from Jolly Hols). I'm still recovering from successfuly working photobucket, & have serious doubts if I could manage it again! LOL

Do you need to open an a/c with photobucket before it will let you access?

I do know how to att. them to an e-mail (took me weeks to get that good!) so if you are desperate I could possibly send them to you direct.

Can anyone help micktheshed with this? I know how to deal with my photos but would be no good at explaining to someone else!

Have just got my son to advise me (at long distance) & have now altered photobucket a/c from 'private' to 'public'.

So hopefuly you should now be able to access my photo's.

Fingers crossed. .............

Yep, the link's now working. Looks like it was quite a job to fix the bracket!

To improve the sound quality we connect the headphone output on the TV to the aux input on the radio. The lead required is a longer version of that used from he sound card on the PC to the speakers.

I hope this helps?

Did you know your caravan has fallen over?

:)

To improve the sound quality we connect the headphone output on the TV to the aux input on the radio. The lead required is a longer version of that used from he sound card on the PC to the speakers.

I hope this helps?

It can be done wireless with the Avtrex TV

It can be done wireless with the Avtrex TV

It can, but from memory (T. V. instructions stored in the Tin Tent) it's as clear as mud in the printed instructions.

I'm sure we had to go into the T. V. menus and set it to Transmit on one of them. This switches on the short range VHF transmitter in the T. V. and you tune in the Radio to that Frequency. It worked well with the T. V. on the front shelf. It was a bit like a cheap surround sound with it on the side board, as the sound was coming from all directions. And we had occasional drop out as we moved about the van. You would think Avtex could put together a better instruction book though.

Edited by Alan Stanley

That's right. You turn it on and choose a frequency on the tv then tune the radio to

the same frequency.

The transmitter's not much cop and when you remember that the transmitter is inside the tin tent and the receiving aerial outside you see why quality is not up to much.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, the link's now working. Looks like it was quite a job to fix the bracket!

Back from jolly hols, & tv tested extensively by grandson!

Most difficult part (if you're not good at DIY) is cutting the wooden strengthening piece. Fixing it in place is a simple screw-it together job.

Have not risked leaving tv in place during travelling (though set-up appears strong enough), but otherwise has been well worth the trouble. It swings round over the bed & out of the way, & is easily adjusted to suit for various viewing positions.

Hope every-one managed to access photobucket pictures.