Looking For A Family Site In Holland

Hi,

We are looking to go to holland in june, can anyone recommend a good family site with a pool & childrens play area etc.

Many thanks

We have stopped at 2 excellent sites in Holland but alas no swimming pool. I suggest you get the ACSI book for next year and go from there. Will save you money I can assure you. For now go to their website www. campingcard. co. uk/gb/en/europe and you can see the current sites for 2011. They do not change much very few sites drop out there are more added every year.

Edited by snooks

Hi,

We are looking to go to holland in june, can anyone recommend a good family site with a pool & childrens play area etc.

Many thanks

This might be worth considering http://www. davidklyn. .._koningshof. htm Its well geared up for children with both outdoor and indoor pools.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Harvomark,

We visited 2 sites in Holland this summer and I have reviewed both in the oversees sites review subsection of this forum. There are some very good sites in Holland so you will have a choice, have a look at these to see if its what your after.

M

Should be a lot of pitches available as the population of Holland seems to be spread across all the other sites in Italy, Austria and South of France B)

Not a particularly interesting place to visit, just soooo flat - but ok if you like to take your bikes. :)

Alan

Not a particularly interesting place to visit, just soooo flat - but ok if you like to take your bikes. :)

Alan

I suppose you have written off the whole of East Anglia as well, Alan. :) :)

We like Holland (as The Netherlands now likes to market itself abroad) second only to France, so there's no accounting for taste.

Harvomark, I don't know how far you intend travelling but we like De Kuilart in Friesland. It has a great swimming pool, lake swimming and a pirate ship playground. It's a marina so there's the possibility of hiring boats and taking boat trips and lots of safe cycle paths, of course. I wrote a review in July 2010 if you want to read it.

Review: http://www. caravanta. ..54-netherlands/

They take Camping Cheques part of June 2012 so you would need to check your dates on this page if you wanted to use them:

http://www. campingch. ..ilart-c163. html

Enjoy your planning.

Gordon

Camping Koningshof is an excellent site just north of the Hague near the coast. It has an indoor pool and games facilties. However, watch out for costs in high season, we paid nearly €50 per night for July, but they do Camping Cheque out of high season. Check their web page for the dates.

I admit we used to do Holland a lot in years gone by, but now find it just too expensive.

Hi,

I live in the south of The Netherlands in the region of Limburg, which is not flat in fact it's pretty hilly indeed. Lots of caravan sites, the best I've found so far is Camping Oriental which is around 10 mins from Maastricht and 10 mins from Valkenburg, both places well worth a visit. The site is really nice, indoor pool with retracting roof in summer, really modern and well kept toilet blocks, and an excellent playing field with zip wire, football, park, and lots more. There is also a well stocked supermarket on site, a bar, and also a takeaway. The site is family run and they are very nice people. Hope this helps ;)

Hi, Try Ter Spegelt in EERSEL in the Camping Card ACSI directory, They took Acsi card 14 June to 8 Aug this year at 15 Euro per night plus tourist tax at 1 Euro. Beautiful site with indoor play pool with Pirate Ship and normal pool for parents, outdoor swimming lake with slides. Lovely toilets and very laid back and helpful staff. When we were there late August I told receptionest I had a large van, she replied don't worry go and select a pitch among the 130m2 ones, there will be no extra charge.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, i'm going to look at the sites and hopefully book in the next couple of weeks. Only spent a few weeks in Holland working but what i did see was really nice, i was up near Leeuwarden. Now i've got the caravan i want to go to different places but still have my main holiday in France. :D

When I emailed Oriental in June I got know reply what so ever due I expect to this Traveller business. It took a Dutch friend to get us in at the site we stopped at near Maarstrict. Lovely area though,

Hi,

Thanks for all the information we have decided to go to Koningshof for our first trip to the netherlands, looks a nice camp site with plenty to keep the kids occupied. checked a couple of review sites and it has good reviews.

Many thanks.

Went to Koningshof last year with our trailer tent. Really good site.

Nearby

Beach is endless sand and really good.

Leiden

There is a huge crazy golf course that is really good at the coast nearest the site.

Go to the Corpus museum of the human body, you pass the place on the way and it is not far from camp. Sort of tour of the body from the inside. My kids loved it.

Amsterdam is an easy day trip. Go to Ajax stadium for park and ride. For about £2 or something silly you get parking and free train and tram travel for the day.

Great for bikes and roads safe for kids on bikes too.