Bailey Ranger 500/5 2003 Any Tips Or Probs

shanew

hi all just bought one and was wondering if anyone has got one and if they have found anything wrong or to worry about with them . Also any owning tips too please. :unsure: thanks shane

• 4 weeks later...

Keep an eye on the windows had all mine changed, bar two, cracks appear near the hinge corners and spread, it appears it was a bad batch of windows.

Reads from who we bought the van new, did a top job in sorting it out on our problems.

I did a bit of home work, and found some other people with vans had the same problems not only Bailey, that on very hot days if we used the silver backed blinds, the cracks started, possibly expansion and contraction of the air inside the sealed windows, it might be fluke of weather but with the silver lining bouncing the heat back, but now we only use the curtains in hot weather, and are crack free, with no other problems.

Its a really good van, great to tow, hope enjoy it as much as we do.

This is just a tip it might not happen to you.

Edited by geoffo

thanks for the heads up geoffo will keep an eye on that, really loving it had it 4 weeks and been out in it every weekend just had an awning kindly donated to us but when i put it up and it rained the joint in the rail which is about the centre of the van started leeking been intouch with dealer and they told me to seal it myself and it wont affect the inside of the van, im not to sure of this so am i in my writes to ask them to gauranttee that it wont cause any internal problems its still in warrenty PLEASE EXCUSE THE SPELLING NOT A STRONG POINT OF MINE