Towing With Peugeot 307 Sw

retrocarbon

Hi All

Just signed up and looking for any info on towing with a 2005 Peugeot 307Sw. The max tow limit on most 307 SW is 1300Kg . But noticed that a few have a 1000Kg limit put on by manufacturer. Any one know the reason for this and what year car it relates too. I have assummed it is to do with the dual mass clutch. fitted to some models.

. The max tow limit on most 307 SW is 1300Kg . But noticed that a few have a 1000Kg limit put on by manufacturer. Any one know the reason for this and what year car it relates too. I have assummed it is to do with the dual mass clutch. fitted to some models.

No - it's nothing to do with DMFs - most modern diesel cars have them, my own included. Maybe the 1000kg limit cars you've heard about are autoboxes.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Hi

I have a 406 estate which I tow with but am looking at getting a 307 sw when I repalace it. My wife has a 307 hatch which we are very pleased with.

Now the 406 was a towcar of the year in its day and in the 110bhp diesel form I have is fantastic to tow with. I have a small and light van but still did not want to get an underpowered or underweight setup as the 307 would be thought of as a size down from a 406. However the stats are surprising.

You can get both in a 110 bhp diesel unit which I would still go for.

The 307 is only 30cm shorter (in sw form) and the wheelbase is actually longer!

The gross weight is only slightly down at 2016 for the 307sw to 2021 for the 406 est.

I have not found the max train weight but that probably would not be an issue.

Also surprising is that the kerb weight is only 4kg different at 1425 for the 406 and 1421kg for the 307sw.

The 307 is a completely different car to the old 306 and it put on massive 500kg in the newer model. I think that was mainly in metal to get it through the ncap rating.

So my conclusion is that it should do the job the 406 did but that is based on getting the higher output diesel engine (take care as they do different cc engines and different bhp within each cc range).

Wife's 307 hatch is 1. 6 diesel and 90bhp and although it is nippy I am not sure it would be sufficient for towing a van so would not go below the 110 bhp. I think they do a 132bhp too.

Retro, I am not sure if you are looking to buy a 307 or have one and am looking to tow with it but overall I think the weight and car is up to it but you need to ensure the engine has the power as the small ones will have enough to do with just the rather heavy car to deal with. However of course I do not know the weight of your van and need to check the percentage etc but given the kerb weight you should be OK with a smaller van.

The 307 is a cracking car, with lots of headroom, I love the panaramic roof option and there is a huge boot on them. The SW has the very versatile seating with the rear seats than can be clipped out or set up in many formats. Ensure it is a SW (three seperate seats accross the rear) and not an estate (traditional 1/3 2/3 fold down seats) which some people seem to try to call the SW.

Edited by Ellisfield

Hi All

Just signed up and looking for any info on towing with a 2005 Peugeot 307Sw. The max tow limit on most 307 SW is 1300Kg . But noticed that a few have a 1000Kg limit put on by manufacturer. Any one know the reason for this and what year car it relates too. I have assummed it is to do with the dual mass clutch. fitted to some models.

As said different models with larger engines have different towlimits . If you check your VIN plate inside one of the doors it will give the weights for the car . If you take the largest figure and take away the second largest it will give a tow limit .

This may help as well http://www. cuddles. abelgratis. net/peugeot. htm

Dave