What Does This Button Do?

Larry7000

Hi - another newbie question. .. I have this "on off" button above the fuse box in my Abbey Archway 2002. Can someone tell me exactly what is controls? When "on" I know the external water pump activates. .. does it control anything else? Thanks in advance.

photo3.jpg?t=1318352701

Probably not. What water system do you have? Pressure switch or microswitch?

When you say activates what do you mean? Does the pump run until you switch off?

Did you know if you edit the photo in MS Paint you can add a pointer?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

A guess is that it switches the 12 volt system on and off. peter

Probably not. What water system do you have? Pressure switch or microswitch?

When you say activates what do you mean? Does the pump run until you switch off?

Did you know if you edit the photo in MS Paint you can add a pointer?

I have microswitch I think. . When I turn on the taps the external pump starts.

I'm afraid both systems will start the pump

one because of a pressure drop the other

because turning the tap on switches a microswitch

You can hear the tiny click of the microswitch or

look at the underside of the tap for two wires

Your photo show a switch marked car/van.

This is to switch from the onboard battery to car battery if it is connected by a 12s plug to the car.

The switch next to it shows charge or not.

This is only when the car is connected and will charge from car as you travel but not if engine is off. .

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Your photo show a switch marked car/van.

This is to switch from the onboard battery to car battery if it is connected by a 12s plug to the car.

The switch next to it shows charge or not.

This is only when the car is connected and will charge from car as you travel but not if engine is off. .

I presume you mean the round button above the fuse box. ...not the horizontal car/van one?

Hi, It's the tank fill switch, activates the external pump to fill the onboard tank.

To be honest, it looks aftermarket to me. Maybe it is a "fix" for a previous fault?

My van uses pressure drop to switch the water pump on and has an over-ride switch on the console. Micro switch systems I've seen don't, so maybe the previous owner changed from microswitch to pressure operated and added this switch?

Yes I have an on board water tank but have turned off the pipe leading to it as I can't see the point in it filling it whilst at home. If I were to open the tap to the on board water tank and switch on that button would it fill the on board tank then - is that what its for?

Actually, that might explain why the external pump has a back lash of water when ever I press the button! It is trying to fill the on board tank but I have closed that tap leading to it. .. hmmmmm I thought the pump was broke and ordered another one :wacko: such a newb!!

Just remember that 1 liter of water weighs 1 kilogram.

Sloshing about during transit and you could have a problem.

Don't forget to drain down!

Archived