Dialysis And Caravaning

saxon

I've not been very active on the forum for a while due to illness, and it now looks unless a miracle occurs that I'm going onto Dialysis, I just wondered if anyone manages to carry on caravaning whilst undergoing treatment. ..........Dave R/Saxon

Hi Dave sorry to hear of your health problems, well yes you can continue to caravan the centre that you attend for your regular dialysis will be able to sort holiday cover there's no reason you can't holiday as normal it does take some forward planning but we took someone in the van who needed dialysis 3 times per week so hopefully you should have not too many problems.

Best of luck and let us know how you go on ;)

I had a colleague when I was at work whose husband needed Dialysis on a regular basis and it never stopped them going on holiday both in the UK and abroad. From memory there was some organisation they belonged to that gave them the information needed to book the sessions. Sounds the same or similar to Basilfawlty's post above.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

As said Dialysis does not stop you going away but you will have to make arrangements for bookings before you go .

I am a renal patient myself and has looked into it and have friends that have had dialysis and travelled all over the world so its not a big problem .

Dave

So sorry to hear of your latest problems Dave

we both wish you well

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Sorry to be a bit slow coming back. Your renal unit will have details of all their colleagues around the country, and indeed international travel is possible with a bit of planning. They should help you plan where you are going to dialyse and when, and help you make the bookings. They should also provide you with an emergency contact number.

Archived