Grand Cmax 2.0 Tdci 140

robertm

I will shortly be getting the above car with a max tow of 1500, max nw of 75kg and a kw of approx 1580. I have a pegasus verona 1490 mtplm. Been towing for 8 years. Thought i'd check out peoples opinions on me making this move.

At the moment with careful loading I tow with a 2004 mondeo tdci 130. 1498 kw, 1800 max tow, 75 kg max nw.

• 5 months later...

Well 1st tow away. Very impressed. Plenty of power and steady as a rock. 94% but very happy. Would definately recommend.

High Robert,

I tow the same van as you do, with the same engine in my car and I am very happy with the towing experience. I have just bought the Pegasus. We looked at the unicorn but though it's not too heavy for our present car it would mean cars like the C MAX would not be available to us, besides the new Unicorn will have the front windows changed and that would mean within months our van would be old hat,

Regards,

Ian.

Hi Ian

What u got? Same engine in a different car? Or same engine in a grand cmax

Hi Ian

What u got? Same engine in a different car? Or same engine in a grand cmax

Hi Robert,

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I have the same engine in my Galaxy. I would imagine your car to be quite fast being lighter than the Galaxy,

Regards,

Ian.