First Night Out With Our Senator Arizona

Juandeatatime

Hi everyone. Well, we picked up our new to us series 5 Arizona (2007) and said goodbye to our old faithful ABI Marauder. First impressions are very positive. Fantastic end washroom, more lights than you can shake a stick at and wonderfully roomy for the two of us and our dog. A couple of queries though. I have read that the onboard pump can be noisy, but how noisy is noisy? Ours seemed to make quite a racket. Any things that I should be checking? The other thing is after having a shower any tips about how to dry out the shower mat?

The pump is noisy. .... I unscrewed the platform that ours was fixed to and put 4 substantial rubber washers between the platform and the floor.

Put the screws back thru' the rubber washers and that improved it!

I also think that you get used to it as well over time!!!

Shower mat. ... hang it out in the sun (difficult I know at this time of year)!!!!

HTH

G.

Our first outing in our senator indiana this weekend too!

Had a great time apart from ripping the beading on the BRAND NEW porch awning in the middle of the night with "Hurricane Whoever" at full welly!

We found our pump quite noisy too but quickly got used to it so it wasn't really a problem and at least you know it's working I s'pose.

Oh and also the site that we were on was filming a new movie called "Sightseers", about two couples who are always trying to beat each other to the best pitch on the site and our van will be on a few shots I would think! So form an orderly queue for autographs. B):lol:

Thanks for your replies. As everything was new to us I didn't look at how the pump was mounted, chapmag, so I'll definitely look out for that. Like you I would just air the shower mat outside and let it dry, unfortunately it was persisting it down and I was just wondering if anybody had a good tip for drying it inside without making a mess.

Sorry to hear about your awning Normskinormski. I'll worry about putting new awnings up next time we go out (end October for a long weekend hopefully. Can't claim to have been in a film, but I once appeared in a pop video (Delirious? "See the Star")

Hi,

I know the pump can be quite noisy, but I recokon this is an advantage.

Its handy to know if the internal water has run out so you can switch to external because of the increased whine noise

If a leak develops, the pump noise will let you know it and you can kill it before 20 plus litres flood the van.

Two very good reasons to leave the installation as it is.

The third is that I have saved you doing a bit of work to quietning it. ;)

Regards

BO Pete

Hope you were the guitarist mate B)

No, one of my work colleague's partner was a film director, and wanted a couple of office workers in the video, so one day the film crew came into our office and me and my boss had to sit on his desk and stare at the camera! All over in 5 seconds!