Using the Code NEC11 brings DFDS each-way fares on crossings in May and June, for a car and caravan of £21. 00 or £23. 00 plus a fuel supplement of £12. 00 - so a return crossing can be had for just £54. 00 on some sailings, or £58. 00 on others.

Solo cars/motorhomes are £11. 00 or £13. 00 each way.

High season prices appear to be £33. 00 each way for car and caravan, so £66. 00 plus £12. 00 fuel supplement.

There is nothing on the website to indicate whether amendments are free or not!

Val

thanks for info - in theory could be cheaper than last year!

Ali

High season prices seem to apply between 20th July and 2nd September - and on just one or two sailings before that time.

Thanks very much. I've just booked for next summer. We are going to the show, but not til Saturday, so getting the code today was a big weight off my mind. I can just go shopping on Saturday.

Booked tonight £39 going out but returning from Zeebrugge to Hull £209

Thanks for the code

Edited by Andyvon

Brilliant - that's just what we needed to know! This year we amended our crossings in May and June, and then again in August/September - both without charge.

We'd already booked two crossings each way last year following the NEC show. One outwards Dover to Dunkerque in May, back Dunkerque to Dover in June, the second outwards Dover to Dunkerque in August, back Dunkerque to Dover in September. The first outward crossing we brought forward by a couple of hours from 10. 00 pm to 8. 00 pm, and on that return we had no caravan, so changed the time from 8. 00 am to 12. 00 noon. The second outward crossing we brought forward by 12 hours from 8. 00 pm to 8. 00 am, and the second return crossing we put back from 8. 00 am to 2. 00 pm! We were late for the first return crossing (already changed from 8. 00 am to 12. 00 noon) so we rang in mid-morning and amended it to 2. 00 pm! All these were done without charge!

If we had to pay £20 per amendment then it would have cost us a fortune!

I telephoned DFDS today to check if there was a cost for amendments. The woman said YES, but when I said I was going to book via the NEC11 code, she said "Oh yes these are fully amendable - no charge up to 30th June 2012".

So it would appear that if you want to change after the above date then there will be a charge.

I for one will book very soon for our May/June trip next year.

This year we used them twice June/July and August/September but we didn't have to change anyway.

Our plans for next year are to go only once but for maybe bit longer. The fuel costs and time involved in travelling make it more sensible to make only one journey but for longer stay

Lunar Ultima 560 towed by VW Tiguan 2. 0TDi

I think that we're better equipped now, to decide on journey times without the caravan so we shouldn't need to change - except in the event of unforeseen circumstances of course. However, it's good to know that we can still do so without charge up until the end of June 2012.

Thanks from us too, Val.

After much dillydallying about how to get there and back to France again next year, we decided to plump for dfds again when looking at the alternatives. So we booked yesterday after reading this thread and picking up the code.

All we have to decide now is where to go - maybe the Med, maybe Tarn Gorges, maybe the west coast or Il de Re. .....decisions, decisions, something to look forward to and keep us busy during the winter months :)

We were just as indecisive! We didn't enjoy our DFDS crossings last time, but at those prices, needs must! What we will think of is that the saving against other ferry operator prices gives us at least four/five days of campsite fees paid for, and possibly a lot more, depending on the route used!

Hi all . ....

. .. can any-one tell me . .. how long this code is valid for . ... ie: when does it expire . ..

. ... I've just looked . .. and a return in September 2012 . .. only £54. 00 . ... WOW . ...

Cheers

Pete

It usually runs until the end of the Caravan Show (16th October this year!)or perhaps a day or so longer, so you've not got long to decide. However, the advantage of booking it now is that it offers free amendments up until June - which means if you haven't got firm dates you can change your booking once your dates have firmed up!

Hi Val . ... thanks for that . ..

. .. Nice one . ...

Cheers

Pete

:) :) :)

Just booked today £68 but that included going out Dover to Dunkirk during the half term break in June. So I'm not too worried about having to pay extra £10 for this.

Would have liked to have booked the First Class lounge but it's getting a bit pricey even with 20% off, adds up to extra £19. 20 for the two of us each way. Have always used this service in the past because of the peace and quiet.

Can buy a sandwich and coffee for that price

Lunar Ultima 560 towed by VW Tiguan 2. 0TDi

I have just compared the prices using the DFDS NEC code and there is no savings for using it. The dates we are travelling are in August unfortunately. Sea France are offering a £70 saving using their code.

Going to the show tomorrow so will ask DFDS where the saving is.

Terry

Terry

I have just tried it and you can get a crossiing for £39 each way for a car and caravan on every day in August using the code NEC11.

We have alraedy booked our two crossings with DFDS for next year for June and September at £59 and £69 respectively.

Alan

Alan,

You are right. I have just tried again and its £93 for 4 adults and a child. I think I may have put the code in lower case maybe or maybe having a senior moment :D

Terry

Hi Val,

Many thanks for the code, booked both holidays for next year saved a fortune :D as we usually book later on.

Much appreciated.