Elddis Odyssey 2012 Model

PBarton

Hi folks, We currently have an Elddis Odyssey 544 2008 model which we love. Was thinking about upgrading to a new 2012 Odyssey but have noticed Elddis no longer do the seitz privacy windows. These are only available in the Crusader range. Does anybody know why, I imagine it's down to cost. What made us buy the 2008 model in the first place was the look of the seitz privacy windows and obviously the layout. This to me is a downgrade. What do others think?

Strange in as you say its a downgrade . I m suprised Elddis dont even give a upgrade option as some other manufacturers offer for privacy windows . Perhaps Dave from Explorer can give you a reason and I would send a PM asking if he has any info. As you say the Crusader Shamal is fitted with seitz privacy windows .

Dave

the privacy glass was dropped from the odyssey range last year, you can now have the seitz windows in clear plastic as a no cost option but only on the crusader range, there will always be differences in spec sheets, otherwise the avante would be the same as the crusader etc, jim

Crusader

Seitz privacy windows are std on the Crusader range not clear plastic . Some manufacturers offer the option of upgrading to privacy windows for a cost .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Crusader

Seitz privacy windows are std on the Crusader range not clear plastic . Some manufacturers offer the option of upgrading to privacy windows for a cost .

Dave

I think your find that clear windows were offered as an option on the Crusader range as from this year.

correct give that man a badge :P also thats why i put " a no cost option" jim

Correct I see it now under options . So why cant they do it for the Odyysey I wonder .

Dave

That's exactly what I wanted to know? Why can't they do it for Odyysey anymore. Point I was trying to make was yes they did do seitz privacy windows but don't now. So it's a downgrade to remove seitz glass from original Elddis Odyysey 2008/2009 models

The privacy windows was one of the reasons we bought our van which is a dealer special based on the Odyssey,it's a backward step in my mind not to fit them to the Odyssey range now.

Us too - we still think our 544 is a good looking van that often attracts positive comments on site regarding the Seitz windows. This downgrade amongst other things is why we won't be replacing with an Elddis but neither will we be returning to Bailey who've totally sacrificed any flair in their designs.