Ironbridge

http://www. caravancl. ..aspx?csid=21961

I stopped here. On the Wenlock Edge. Excellent pub down the road called the Wenlock Inn. It was a long while ago but we enjoyed it's basic facilities were just what we wanted. It has EHU available.

Just noticed this though.

Opening Dates

01/04/2011 to 30/09/2011. :(

Edited by Lefthand Down

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I spent 10 days at this site and I can recommend it. But as LHD says, it looks as though it has closed for the winter. Pity, because all it cost me was a tenner per night. Travelling from Much Wenlock to the site, I passed three CLs, two of which looked very nice.

I found Much Wenlock a useful base from which to travel out to the various places of interest. About 10 miles from Ironbridge. My first visit was to the Victorian Town at Blists Hill and I made the mistake of not purchasing the 'pass' ticket which would have given me free admission to all the other 9 museums. Big mistake!

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Not forgetting Church Stretton and The Long Mynd in the opposite direction.

It took us a week to visit all the Iron Bridge properly however.

Getting the 'Passport' is a good idea because it covers all the sites and can be used even on future visits until all the sites stamps have been used on the Passport. (in the same year)

http://www. ironbridge. org. uk/

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

We stayed at Presthope last year. Nice site, terrible tv reception if that bothers you and was a bit boggy when we were there. No facilities but we don't mind that at all. Some nice shops/pubs etc in Much Wenlock. We also bought the pass for the museums, well worth it. Favourite was Blist HIll but really enjoyed the Tile museum too. Beware you have to pay in all the car parks there as well. Didn't really do much else than the museums cos took a long time to do them all. However, did walk along Wenlock Edge which was fabulous. Ludlow is worth a visit but parking is terrible. You will need to use a car park.

We stayed at Presthope last year. Nice site, terrible tv reception if that bothers you and was a bit boggy when we were there. No facilities but we don't mind that at all. Some nice shops/pubs etc in Much Wenlock. We also bought the pass for the museums, well worth it. Favourite was Blist HIll but really enjoyed the Tile museum too. Beware you have to pay in all the car parks there as well. Didn't really do much else than the museums cos took a long time to do them all. However, did walk along Wenlock Edge which was fabulous. Ludlow is worth a visit but parking is terrible. You will need to use a car park.

There was a bus available run by the Museum when I went.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone recommend a good site near to Ironbridge and its museums. We will require EHU.

A Shropshire Lad (unfortunately now in exile) who used to walk pas the Ironbridge on the way to school I feel very qaulified to reply to you this post (LOL)

We stayed here in the October Half Term

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/56775-shropshire-benthall/

You probably missed it because I used the name Benthall instead of Ironbridge in the title of my review. Benthall is a village on the south side of the Ironbridge gorge about a mile from the Ironbridge itself - you could walk from the site to the bridge but I would not recommend the VERY steep walk back!!!

Leo Farm is a lovely Caravan Club CL and I would recommend it as THE place to stay for visiting the Ironbridge area. Although I no longer have family in the immediate area it is still one very close to my heart and I am sure we will be visiting Leo Farm again. If, as recommeded you get a Passport ticket for visiting the Ironbridge Gorge Museum I heard somewhere that Norman Wyke, owner of Leo Farm, has money off vouchers.

There are more review of Leo Farm, which is said to be open all year, here

UKCS/sites/reviews. asp?revid=4405

Severn Gorge C Park in Madeley, my home town, is very near to the Blists Hill "Victorian Town" but as more recent reviews here tell

UKCS/sites/reviews. asp?revid=2301

It is now a small touring site as the rest of it has been given over to Park Homes. About 20+ years ago, when my parents were still alive and living in Madeley my family and I were regular visitors there firstly as tenters and later as 'vanners when we stayed whilst visiting my Mum and Dad. In those day it was a lovely large site surrounded by woodland. It did amuse me a bit even then that I could remember it as the site of the local colliery!!!

Anyway enough nostalgia - it's past my bed time.

I hope you have a lovely time in MY beautiful Shropshire. Some of the other places mentioned by me and others, eg, Bridgnorth, Shrewsbury, Church Stretton and Much Wenlock are, also, very worth visiting. I'm afraid I don't rate Telford Town Centre very highly although it's good if you like modern shopping centres. I can't even sadly recommend my home town of Madeley much either despite its centre having just been "redeveloped" again.

Have fun and give Shropshire my love.

Tim

On balance I think that Leo Farm would be my recommendation for visiting Ironbridge.