Dissapointed With Bailey

michael21

Rob. ,

Your dorg looks really fed up! :D

I would say cold to be honest. Pic was taken in scotland -7degrees, thats the snow in the background. She loved it. We lost her in sept, only 4 years old. One hell of a dog, what a character!

Caravanless. ...

my 534 is exactly the same. I fitted the truma radiator into it connected to the hot air vent which does help as the metal warms up keeping it warmed. I installed for asthetics really to make use of the wall space more then the bathroom being cold. It is colder than the main van but then again, i prefer it that way.

Sorry to get off topic

Rob, can you post up some pics of this mod? Sounds like the solution we have been looking for for our olly.

we disconnect the drain pipes in the washroom, in winter.

the water then drops straight down into a bucket.

the bucket shape makes it easy to empty if it freezes.

cheers rodders B)

bailey monarch series 6

That sounds like a good idea. ....

Cheers

Bailey Unicorn Valencia v1 with MAX Upgrade + POWR HD mover with roller upgrade + ALDE 3010-246 + Al-Ko ATC Display
Seat Ateca 190PS TDI 4WD

Sorry to get off topic

Rob, can you post up some pics of this mod? Sounds like the solution we have been looking for for our olly.

+1. ... Like the idea of this and it is sort of topic related. ...lol

Builder of the Fastest Sports bikes in Europe. EX Nurburgring Lap Record holder 7m 17sec. 600cc of pure adrenaline!

Seat Freetrack, Bailey Olympus 534. Yamaha R1, Yamaha RD200 project, Aprilia RS250 trackday/race bike, Tuned 125cc Honda CRF50 supermotard, Ducati 900SS.

Sorry to get off topic

no problems. very easy to fit. Just cklicks into the existing vent. I used no more nails sticky pad for the top of it ( couldnt bring myself to screw it into the new wood!!

can you message me and i will send you the link to my Flikr account, it wont let me upload to gallery here or share the link for some reason. .

Cheers

Rob

Edited by RobJS

Caravanless. ...

Thank you. .....

Builder of the Fastest Sports bikes in Europe. EX Nurburgring Lap Record holder 7m 17sec. 600cc of pure adrenaline!

Seat Freetrack, Bailey Olympus 534. Yamaha R1, Yamaha RD200 project, Aprilia RS250 trackday/race bike, Tuned 125cc Honda CRF50 supermotard, Ducati 900SS.

l have the same system in our SE Clubman, same towel rail has the Velencia, was in minus 12 last Boxing day bathroom was lovely and warm. Just for matter of interest did the tower rail need bleeding could had have air in the system which would mean the towel rail was just warm. Ours was red hot to touch, plus the air fins at the bottom of the tower rail was working fine, same system in the Bailey so l would have thought it was circulation problem due to air.

NigelH

Heethers
Lunar Clubman SB
07 ShogunSWB

Well I too was intending to disconnect the waste pipe from the bathroom basin in our Pegasus 462 because the pipes froze last winter. It's obvious that a bucket underneath the basin would be better. But surely the point is that it's just as easy to install pipes that flow as to have one going uphill right across the full width of the van. It's just down to slap-dash workmanship if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems to me Michael 21's problem is not the his washroom heating - that can be fixed

Seems to me Baileys problem is not the heating - they have fixed it

Seems to me the real problem is about trusting what the maker says - BIG PROBLEM but VERY COMMON

maybe its me but i don't understand the argument. bailey have done an upgrade on the 2012 model and someone is not happy because bailey wont carry the same upgrade on a 2011 model for them for nothing.

if this was a car that had air con and cassette radio on one year model and then the new model had climate control and cd radio, would you expect the manufacturer to upgrade for nothing, no. so why expect it of bailey and whats the difference.

surely when a manufacturer does this, it is to improve a model, make it better than the competition and give an incentive to buy the new model

Only the early 2011 models had the poor heating, my feb delivered 2011 has the radiator under the towel rail, along with three side lamps not fitted to earlier models.

I also think later 2011 models have the battery compartment further back.

In addition the early models had a small front bumper, mine has the taller front protection, so i think complaints are justified?