Shurflo Pumps

davehelen

Hi everyone, we are new to caravanning and need help. we have a avondale dart 630 (2008) and whether we use mains supply or aquaroll and use the pump to supply the water the pump inside leaks quite bad. any ideas as to why ?

Hi,

As the caravan is a 2008 model ( are you sure ? ) could be its been used quite a bit so seals/ pipe joints need attention. Now is it possible for you to lift the pump up after removing the mounting screws ? You wont be able to lift it very much, if at all but if you can it might help you to locate the leak, another idea is to get a small mirror & torch. Use the mirror to look round the pump, you can get the mirror into all sorts of angles& places were you can not get your head ( no comment on size please ! ) sort of mirror i am thinking of is an old car one or the girlfriends/ wifes compact mirror ( if she sees this its your fault ! ) When you replace the pump dont tighten the screws too much--- noise from the pump will sound even worse with the caravan acting as a sound box, hope this is of use.

david1220

Hi David 1220. Forgot to say that when we open taps then turn pump on to purge the water through from aquaroll ( as it said to do in manual ) the water flows but when we turn off taps the pump continues on when it suppose to turn off apparently. Sorry if this is a bit vague as i said we are new to all this.

Hi Gump. This question to you as well if you can help. Thanks

if you have a leak it will run on due to presure drop as the leak drains the pump will try to refill also a flat battery can cause this but as you say you have a leak.

Have you tried adjusting the pressure switch that controlls the pump on/off. Normally a white thing with a knob on top in the water line near water heater??

Simple to do if you have instructions

When we got our van I replaced the pump in an attempt to improve the water pressure at the shower. Anyway long story short, it turned out that amongst other things the inline strainer / filter which is just before pump inlet was loose so was leaking water and letting air into the system which at first glance could look like the pump leaking . Also my van has an "Acumulator" (looks like a small WW2 bomb) which should be pressurised to 20psi (it wasn't) but is easliy remedied with a bicycle pump. Also found some of the pipework was strained at some joints so I replaced with the correct length of pipe. Now we have brilliant pressure at all the taps and shower and the pump is quiet. The pump shouild only run on for couple of seconds after being used if all is as it should be. I also fitted the pump onto a thick rubber floor tile to quieten it down. If the pump itself is leaking you can get a maintainence kit for them which includes all the seals etc with full fitting instructions but to be honest I'd sooner get a replacement pump. Let us know how you get on.

Archived