Leisure Battery

SamP

Ok guys, i need a new leisure battery as my 85amp is not up to the job for the motor mover. Before i buy thought i would ask your recomendations. Ive seen a 110amp Alphaline on battyerymegastore. co. uk for 80 quid inc delivery, which i thoight was pretty good. Are Alphaline any good, or any other recomendations.

Thanks

Sam

An 85 AH battery if in good nick is plenty adequate for a mover unless your use is over an abnormally long distance or steep climb.

I drive mine with a portable 60Ah battery and the van weighs 1900kgs, the drive is at 1:14 slope, though distance is only 20-25 metres.

Ah well there's the problem. I should have added that it's not holding it's charge long enough. Last weekend I moved the van off the drive with it - about 5 metres, then once arrived at site tried to put the van on pitch, got half way on pitch then mover stopped working and the control unit displayed the battery low light. I think it's knackered due to being permanently on charge in the old van as it was not a conditioning charger.

i need a new leisure battery as my 85amp is not up to the job for the motor mover.

Thanks

Sam

Because someone told you or you have tried it and failed?

Ah! it failed.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

There has been a problem with recommending batteries, but all I can say is get a 110 amp deep cycling battery. Be careful because some will have a number, say 085 and you think it's 85 amp hr. when you read the small print it's 65 amp hr.

I have always gone for the one that has fibreglass plate sepperators 110 amp E. ....l you fill in the blanks.

Regards Peter.

There has been a problem with recommending batteries, but all I can say is get a 110 amp deep cycling battery. Be careful because some will have a number, say 085 and you think it's 85 amp hr. when you read the small print it's 65 amp hr.

I have always gone for the one that has fibreglass plate sepperators 110 amp E. ....l you fill in the blanks.

Regards Peter.

Never knew that!! Must check mine as mine are both 85AH - apparently :o

Compass Shadow 1988

Hi

Dont forget if you up the size of the battery your nose weight ( caravan ! ) will go up --will this be a problem ? The battery we use is often advertised in the caravan club magazine,-- starts with E and ends with L & is made in Parkgate, wirral, the makers claim it can be used for caravan and when the van is laid up ( winter ) used as a back up battery for the car-- we have done this for years with this makers batteries, our present one is 6 years old and at the moment powers an inverter to give 240 volts A/C power for the lawn mower !

david1220

I think you are best advised to get one with "Banner" written on it.

Archived