Lunar Quasar

Maffffster

Hi,

I'm just about to put a deposit on a 2008 Lunar Quasar FB 6 berth.

I notice it does not have a on board water tank - should i be worried about this ? and will i have a problem with the aqua roll freezing in the winter months ?

Also does anyone have any pros and cons about the lunar quasar that their wish to share with me and help/advice with my purchase

thanks

Yes I agree that an inboard tank is useful in harsher winter weather but it is easy to make your own highly effective thermal cover for your Aquaroll (or similar).

I made mine years ago out of silvered thermal insulation material that you would normally line roofs with, cut carefully to shape and by deft use of a heavy duty stapler you can soon make a tailored jacket that is just as useful in the summer months to keep the water cool as it is in winter months to keep quite a lot of the cold winds away.

aye, we've had 7 caravans since we started caravanning 3 have been lunars owe currant caravan lunar quaser 462, only a little one i know, never had any trouble with any, probably stick with lunar after the trouble we had with owe last none lunar caravan, and they are lite weight too. ...pete

Hi,

I'm just about to put a deposit on a 2008 Lunar Quasar FB 6 berth.

I notice it does not have a on board water tank - should i be worried about this ? and will i have a problem with the aqua roll freezing in the winter months ?

o fit the hose from the aquaroll to the side of the van

Also does anyone have any pros and cons about the lunar quasar that their wish to share with me and help/advice with my purchase

thanks

You can buy an insulating jacket for the aquaroll, cost £25 approx. Plus you need a bit of pipe insulation from to go from the aquaroll to the side of the van, round the inlet hose.

If it gets really cold then the aquaroll will freeze but -2 or -3 should not be a problem.

Don't forget the waste tank it could freeze as well, some people put a small amount of anti freeze in the tank if it is going to get too cold.

Others just make sure its empty and defrost it in the morning.

Brian

PS If you use antifreeze then be careful of drinking the water, I know there are "potable" anti freezes, but not sure if this just means they are ok to use in food-grade hose or that you can actually drink them. Others better in the know will be able to add to this.

alex

Brian Dobbie did specify the waste tank in relation to the antifreeze.

Going back to my suggestion of a Wickes immersion jacket. They come in four pieces, each with four eyelet holes.

Join two together and they go around the aquaroll, one underneath it and the other on top covers not only the aquaroll but the pump pipe right up to the van "wall".

Then just use the aquaroll handle on its side to grip the sides of the aquaroll. You now have a "lovely" red, snug aquaroll that will not freeze.

Brian Dobbie did specify the waste tank in relation to the antifreeze.

Oops missed that, apologies.

Alex

Thanks for the advice, I'm surprise aqua roll don't make there own frost cover.

Any other points/advice that you think i should be aware/informed about ?

thanks

Matt