Best Place For A Week Or Two In Southern England Or Wales?

Me and my better half have an unexpected 2 weeks to spend caravanning from next week. So, at short notice - and limited to south of Manchester - where would you suggest for walking the dogs, sightseeing and general interest? Quiet site or friendly CL with EHU and access to countryside or coast.

Thanks for any ideas.

Hi if you like Wales there is a very good site called Hungerford Farm with a great farm shop with in walkin distance, we stay ther at least twice a year

type this into goole

Hungerford-farm. co. uk

Edited by Blackvynil

Direct quote from club web site:-

Houghton Mill Caravan Club Site, owned by The National Trust, sits neatly on the banks of the River Great Ouse, offering spectacular views. The entire area is a paradise for walkers, bird watchers and wildlife enthusiasts. The abundance of footpaths and bridleways for walkers, horse riders and cyclists along and across the many waterways make this a caravan park that won't disappoint.

It is within easy walking distance of St Ives and Huntingdon, both very picturesque towns.

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

Direct quote from club web site:-

Houghton Mill Caravan Club Site, owned by The National Trust, sits neatly on the banks of the River Great Ouse, offering spectacular views. The entire area is a paradise for walkers, bird watchers and wildlife enthusiasts. The abundance of footpaths and bridleways for walkers, horse riders and cyclists along and across the many waterways make this a caravan park that won't disappoint.

It is within easy walking distance of St Ives and Huntingdon, both very picturesque towns.

Try the Ayr site in St Ives Cornwall.

Lovely site with great sea views - nice walk down to St Ives.

Thanks everyone who replied. I've looked at all the places you suggested and it's Oxfordshire that's favourite at the moment. Now, if the weather can just swing in our favour. ..!

hi we had a great 3 weeks on the pemproke coast in july this year fantastic BUT at this time of year i would always do the south coast a lot drier and warmer. the area around poole and lymington is fantastic corfe catle etc a short drive away so you get coast rolling hills and great places for walking. then plan west wales next year when we get the good weather ????

If you want to come to Wales, then Pembrey Country Park may fit the bill, its a CC site located directly outside a country park, there is a beach near by and there is very good flat cycling. There are lots of doable day trips in the area. That said, weather in Wales can be a bit wet, so you may want to look further east and Norfolk could fit the bill, its usually drier there and its a nice place to visit.