Hi

went to the dealers yesterday to pick up new van . While in conversation he mentioned that as from the 1 st Oct 2011 the N. C. C. have brought out rules regarding fitting motor movers, re fitting movers, wireing, and the

ability to move the caravan ( climbing a slope was mentioned) this was for dealers so i dont know the full details --anybody in the trade care to comment ?

regards david 1220

P. S. dealer thought the new requirements would add quite a bit to the fitting ( or re-fitting ) bill.

Edited by david 1220

http://www. national-caravan-council. co. uk/images/resources/cop_305_caravan_movers_july_2011_final. pdf

Hi found this for you. There are a few extra things to take into consideration but the majority of it is usually included in the o. e instruction manual or is common sense.

If a dealer wanted to charge me more due to this new guidance I would go elsewhere as there is in my opinion nothing that shouldn't be done now is included other than the fitter should trained by the manufacturer. The only thing I see different is that the mover should have a low voltage warning and tested to comply with the slope test which I would think would come from the manufacturer in their design and development stage and that the dealer must tell you the implications of the extra weight of the mover being fitted.

They seem to have completely overlooked the movers impact on nose-weight.

At the least the potential owner should be made aware of the increase or reduction of this important parameter, due to the mover, prior to selecting the movers location.

They seem to have completely overlooked the movers impact on nose-weight.

At the least the potential owner should be made aware of the increase or reduction of this important parameter, due to the mover, prior to selecting the movers location.

How much impact on the nose weight . ... surely they are fitted that close to the axle that the impact will be minimal ?

overall weight yes --- nose weight i can't see !!

If it's a AL-KO chassis then the only problem would be re-locating the underslung spare wheel carrier. Some have made special brackets to bolt further back down the chassis, This would have the effect of reducing noseweight. Peter

I am having a mover fitted but am stuggling with my noseweight apart from speed humps are there any other issues concerning having one fitted to the rear of the vehicle.

Isn't the in-front fitting pattern to minimise the amount of water & crud thrown up by the wheels accumulating over the mover?

I am having a mover fitted but am stuggling with my noseweight apart from speed humps are there any other issues concerning having one fitted to the rear of the vehicle.

Mine is on the rear and I have had absolutely no issues with it

Hi All

dont know if this is right place to post this but here goes

had a price for powertouch model 3 HD with auto actuation and fitting of £1020 from riversway leisure.

anybody had a better deal and if so where from?

your input will be very much appreciated

Pegasus 534 (2010)

I'm with Bill Lord on that one. Mine is fitted with special Hymer plates to fix it at the back. fortunately the spare wheel is in the front locker so I don't have a problem with the wheel carrier. Regards Peter

Hymer Nova 470 2006 towed by Citroen C-Crosser.

I'm with Bill Lord on that one. Mine is fitted with special Hymer plates to fix it at the back. fortunately the spare wheel is in the front locker so I don't have a problem with the wheel carrier. Regards Peter

Hymer Nova 470 2006 towed by Citroen C-Crosser.

That is good looking van you have there. (:-)

I have posted on sites with you before Bill, I used to have a Citroen C5 which towed the 'van like a pig, this C-Crosser is the dogs do-dahs when it comes to towing. regards Peter. :)

Hi,

Seem to remember reading somewhere that Al-Ko can void the warranty on the chassis if movers are fitted ( except their own perhaps ! )

regards david1220

Edited by david 1220

Hi All

dont know if this is right place to post this but here goes

had a price for powertouch model 3 HD with auto actuation and fitting of £1020 from riversway leisure.

anybody had a better deal and if so where from?

your input will be very much appreciated

Pegasus 534 (2010)

£995 here!

I have posted on sites with you before Bill, I used to have a Citroen C5 which towed the 'van like a pig, this C-Crosser is the dogs do-dahs when it comes to towing. regards Peter. :)

That is two of us who think there car is the dogs doo dahs when it comes to towing a hymer nova 470. When I bought the mondeo it was a compromise but now you would not get me to swap it for anything else.