Leisure Battery

Does anyone know the size of the battery compartment on a 515/4 Avondale Dart "Godiva"

We're collecting it on wednesday and have almost everything we need (ebay is my friend ;)) but before i buy a battery I want to make sure i don't buy one thats too big (size not Amps) I think a 85 amp/hr will be sufficient but just want to know the comaprtment size before i buym dont fancy buying one that don't fit or rolls about banging the sides, any help appriciated

Thanks Guys

Eamonn

I would wait until I took delivery to see the dimensions but it would depend on whether you are going to have a motor mover fitted later, in which case a 110 amp deep cycling battery would be best. About £110 you only get what you pay for. Regards Peter

Cheers Peter, yea i agree you pays your money and take your choice, I like to buy once lol . ..cheap usually means you buy twice hence not cheap, picked up a few baragins mind 40 ltr Aquaroll like new with Cover handle etc, Mains water kit, missed a wastmeaster but will manage with a old container i had years ago,(had better days but hey it don't leak so will do till i get one of the nice ones)

The two common sizes are:

Width: 352mm

Height: 223mm

Depth: 171mm

If the EHU connection is separate.

Width: 557mm

Height: 278mm

Depth: 171mm

If the EHU connection is integral.

Personally I would measure yours before committing yourself to a particular battery. 85AH should be fine, but if you intend to stay more than a couple of nights without hookup, I would recommend the largest capacity battery that will physically fit. Probably a 110AH. The battery should sit in a tray within the box, and be retained by a strap to prevent movement when towing.

Gordon.

How To - EHU - 008.jpg

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.