Winter Vent Covers For Dometic Fridge - Unicorn Valencia

bivvyman

Looking to spec fridge covers for our Valencia - Anybody purchased some recently - prices would help as well - Tried the ones from old van Abbey 495 Vogue2 - didnt fit - these are Thetford ones so guess will have to ebay them

Thanks in advance

Bailey parts website for our Peg. Not sure if its the cheapest but at least I knew they would fit.

My Senator Wyoming came with them in the instructions folder

Yes they came with the Senators, had some with my Indiana, but not my Pegasus 524, so you either have to make them part of the deal or pay for them later!!

so dave do these fit the valencia ok because going to order if they ok thanks

so dave do these fit the valencia ok because going to order if they ok thanks

Yes, they fit fine to our Valencia

Dave

Cheers. ..

Just bought some for our Valencia too. ...

Further to my earlier post, my Unicorn Users Manual makes it clear that the ventilation grilles must be kept clear. See 4. 8. 21 and 4. 8. 24.

in Winter.

So why use covers, it seems to go against the Manual ?

Bob

Good for when in storage and also if you are a hardened cold weather caravanner. My olympus has thetford vents. I looked up the fridge on thetford website and it says good for when in storage and should be used for temperatures below 8 degrees

Further to my earlier post, my Unicorn Users Manual makes it clear that the ventilation grilles must be kept clear. See 4. 8. 21 and 4. 8. 24.

in Winter.

So why use covers, it seems to go against the Manual ?

Bob

Our Pegasus manual states that the vents should be kept clear, but that you should use winter covers when the outside temperature falls below 10 degs, otherwise the cooling unit may not work effectively.

sure you better with covers in winter than not conon sense me thinks

Assuming that the English interpretation is what I think it to be then it is not common sense at all, just an alternative point of view. As has been said before, covers can do their own damage so that has to be balanced against any damage they might prevent. It's down to personal choice and mine would be not to use them.

Edited by bartow

Winter fridge vent covers should be used when the temperature drops to 8 degrees and below.

If not used, the fridge gets too cold and does not work correctly.

They are also useful when washing the van to keep unwanted water out of the back of the fridge, and also when storing the van for prolonged periods to keep wind blown dirt and insects out.

If used as per instructions vent covers would do no damamage but as some stated the manual states not to be used. Last year on Boxing day we was in minus 11 and below 8 for the next couple of days, never noticed the fridge had stopped performing. l agree they are useful when the van is in storage but l would remove when usuing the van.

Hi, I bought a dometic cover set today from the caravan show at the nec, will use them on my valencia for winter storage purposes only. .

Mick

Avaliable in white and beige. .

Just seen them on the Bailey online parts site around £4 each plus postage

Just seen them on the Bailey online parts site around £4 each plus postage

Unfortunately only the upper vent is £4. 33. the lower vent IS!!!! £18. 64 !!!! Total £22. 97 plus £5 postage.

Total £27. 97 compared to the £16. 99 I paid.

Regards

Dave

Edited by caraman1

Didn't notice that Dave will take another look.

Nigel