Porch Awning For A Bailey Olympus 504

daineseboy

Hi all

Can anybody recommend a porch awning. Quite fancied the Isabella Minor Moonlight but Isabella say it doesn't fit my Olympus 504. Can't see why for the life of me.

Many thanks.

Isabella may make the best awnings but they can be a bit strange. It can be down to distance available to fit it between windows or the door keep and a window. Measure this and then check the foot print of the awning if the width of the awning and check it out. Isabella's advice sheet said our Minor will not fit our Unicorn Valencia. Well I've got news for them it Fits just perfect. Yes, it is near to the windows but across them no.

Isabella may make the best awnings but they can be a bit strange. It can be down to distance available to fit it between windows or the door keep and a window. Measure this and then check the foot print of the awning if the width of the awning and check it out. Isabella's advice sheet said our Minor will not fit our Unicorn Valencia. Well I've got news for them it Fits just perfect. Yes, it is near to the windows but across them no.

Ditto - and what Allan says is correct. If you get the measurement right it will fit.

Isabella was the name of my 1st wife - and she was a bit strange too. I wonder if the owner of Isabe . ............. oh - never mind. :D

Edited by Bailey Oklahoma

Thats great because the Olympus 504 is exactly the same body as the Unicorn Valencia. Is yours the newer 260 width or the older 240 width? Awning that is.

Edited by daineseboy

Hi Daineseboy

I took delivery of a new 504 last October. With 2 kids, we decided we would go for a full size awning and a light weight Porch Awning for weekend breaks. As I did not want to have the awning fouling 1 of the windows, this limited us in our choice. I eventually settled on a Sunncamp Vision XL which has a width of 2. 5 meters - the awning clears the windows and doors. It is a big awning and does a job for us.

One slight problem we encountered on a recent trip to Holland was pooling of water on the roof during a big storm. The problem wasn't unique to our awning as full size awnings were having the same problem. We overcame the problem by erecting a temporary support "pole" in the middle of the awning and we had no further problems.

Quick to put up and plenty of room.

M