Innsbruck To Budapest

Has anyone travelled on the Motorway from innsbruck to Budapest with caravan?

Any problems?

I have read somewhere that there has been an increasing incidence of locals staging false accident scenes on the motorway, with the intention of stopping tourists and robbing them whilst distracted.

Wondering whether to give it a miss.

Wondering whether to give it a miss.
I have not heard of this in that particular area, but if in doubt, I would play safe.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

We drove from Vienna to Budapest on the Motorway a few years back but had no trouble but it always good to be aware of these problems, we were.

We have just returned from Hungary, just brought a small holding over their. Not heard of any incidents and we have English freinds as well as some family over in Hungary. The crime rates in Hungary are actually quite low in comparison to England. The motroways in Hungary are well policed.

Do not forget to buy your Vignette to use the roads, you can buy them online or at alot of Fuel stations just before you enter Hungary. Watch your speed, we have heard of fines being issued upto 900 euro's. You must also drive with your headlights on at all times.

Be aware if you are taking a dog, they have different rules to the UK and the rabies Injection must be completed every year to be valid in Hungary.

Hungary is not to be missed, it is amazing and the locals are very welcoming. Not just Budapest, if you are going that far, I really recommend the Lake Balaton area which is the main tourist area.

Resturants are very well priced at around the 800 to 1000 forint for a main meal, (exchange rate is approx 330 forint to the £1 at the moment). in comparison to the UK, things tend be aprox a 3rd of the price, making it a great holiday without a huge expense