Fridge Wont Go Cold

cfcseasideblues

Hi

Have a bailey sentator oklahoma, but the fridge wont go cold,freezer works ok and the 12v and 240v light comes on as does the fridge light but wont chill anything, warm beer :o

any ideas :(

Edited by seasideblue

If the freezer works OK there is no reason why the fridge should not get cold. The freezer is an integral part of the fridge and that is what cools the main body of it.

Dave

Previous Oklahoma Series 5 owner. What year is yours??

Edited by caraman1

If the freezer works OK there is no reason why the fridge should not get cold. The freezer is an integral part of the fridge and that is what cools the main body of it.

Dave

Previous Oklahoma Series 5 owner. What year is yours??

Hi Neil,

I agree with this. Nothing can be wrong. If you loaded the food drinks etc, and they were at room temperature when loaded, especially cans or bottles of liquid - they will take 5 to 8 hours to cool down.

Its worth remembering when you initially load up at home - try to pre cool items in the fridge at home.

One other thing in to keep the fins in the fridge underneath the freezer compartment clear of plastic bags so as to allow good air flow,

regards

Pete

Edited by Bailey Oklahoma

I assume you have removed the winter covers from the outside grills??

Mike

I thought you could run the fridge with those on in cold weather?

I thought you could run the fridge with those on in cold weather?

They should not be attached until the external temperature is 8 C or below. This is to prevent overcooling.

Bo

hi all

when we first got van we noticed how quicly beers cooled down within about 3/4 hours ice cold :D

but last few trips all weekend nothing like before,freezer did coll liquids etc down but never froze them

bailey ok is 2005 make

would fridge need re gassing !!

hi all

when we first got van we noticed how quicly beers cooled down within about 3/4 hours ice cold :D

but last few trips all weekend nothing like before,freezer did coll liquids etc down but never froze them

bailey ok is 2005 make

Okay - before we reach that decision, have you tried using the other method of cooling?

Bo

Hi

fridge wont go cold,freezer works ok and the 12v and 240v light comes on as does the fridge light but wont chill anything, warm beer :o

any ideas :(

Light comes on, but does it go off when you close the door? A light which stays on all the time doesn't aid cooling. Take the shade off the lamp and close the door for a while. If when you open the door, the bulb is hot, then you may have a problem. Try removing the bulb and see if you get good cooling then. The problem may be a faulty switch.

John.

hi all

bailey ok is 2005 make

Sounds like a faulty thermostat?

Sounds like a faulty thermostat?

Not if the freezer is 'freezing'

It takes quite a long time for liquids to freeze.

As said before, be careful that the fins are kept clear.

Dave

Dave

Read post 9.

It suggests that the freezer compartment isn't getting cool enough to freeze, so i would expect the fridge compartment to be corresponding warmer?

I get the same if I fill the fridge area too much, I think that it needs plenty of room arround the fins to circulate cold air. Is yours a Thretford fridge by any chance? Mine is and I'm not very pleased with its general performance on any fuel.

Read post 9.

It suggests that the freezer compartment isn't getting cool enough to freeze, so i would expect the fridge compartment to be corresponding warmer?

Read post 1

"freezer works ok"

That's why I said liquids can take some time

Dave

Read post 1

"freezer works ok"

That's why I said liquids can take some time

Dave

Yes but he alters the story in post 9

Dave

Hi Dave

what are fins :unsure: . ..also when we travel no light coming on fridge dial. .as in 12volt

If you open the door of the fridge, you will see silver vertical fins below the freezer compartment. These help to transfer the low temperatures into the main fridge compartment, and if you cover these then the efficiency of the process will not be as efficent as being uncovered,

Bo

Edited by Bailey Oklahoma

Hi Dave

what are fins :unsure: . ..also when we travel no light coming on fridge dial. .as in 12volt

Hi SSB

Remember that when travelling, the fridge doesn't come on unless the car engine is running. The towbar electrics have a voltage sensing relay which disconnects the 12V supply to the fridge once the car engine stops. This is to prevent the car battery from going flat as happened to me once on the Swansea to Cork overnight ferry. But that's another story. ...................

Tom

hi

well friday is another weekend trip away,,,just hoping for a cold beer at journeys end ( ashes caravan site nr kendal ) so will make sure goods chilled before put in fridge,keep the fins clear and hopefully problem solved. but still problem of 12 volt light on fridge not on when travelling :angry:

ill let you know sunday nite if beer was cold ;)

Have you checked for a 12 volt feed from the car with a multimeter?

The feed will only work if the car is over tick-over speed.

It is the red wire in a 12s socket but it is easier to check by taking off the plugs cover and connecting carefully minus the cover.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.