New Release: Snooper S5000 Ventura Caravan Sat Nav

SatNavWarehouse

Afternoon all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are now stocking and shipping the latest Snooper S5000 Ventura caravan and motorhome dedicated sat nav. We will also be demonstrating the product at the Caravan and Motorhome show at the NEC all next week (11th-16th October) at stand 601 right by the entrance to hall 6.

The S5000 is a 5" version of the Snooper S6000 so features the following;

• Vehicle profiling: Set the dimensions of your vehicle into the memory and be routed only down roads suitable for caravans / motorhomes
  • Lane Guidance
  • Bluetooth handsfree
  • Junction View: Displays actual road sign image as you come to your turn off
  • MySpeed information: Accurate road speed limits across Europe

The points of interest database also includes the following listings;

• Caravan Club
  • Caravan and Camping Club
  • ACSI
  • Bord Atlas
  • Camper Stop
  • Handler National u International
  • 1,000's of additional POI's

The full product description can be viewed on our website here: http://www. thesatnavwarehouse. com/productdb/snooper-s5000-truckmate-ventura/index. html

We'll be posting some product videos very soon to help you see how it all works. Any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Phil

I was thinking of getting a S6000 but with rumours about legisation on Sat navs blocking views from the front windscreen and causing a distraction while driving the smaller monitor on the S5000 would be a better buy for the same thing only smaller .

But can you tell me why it cost more by your prices than the S6000 if its the same only smaller monitor size ?

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting a S6000 but with rumours about legisation on Sat navs blocking views from the front windscreen and causing a distraction while driving the smaller monitor on the S5000 would be a better buy for the same thing only smaller .

But can you tell me why it cost more by your prices than the S6000 if its the same only smaller monitor size ?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delayed reply - my email notifications mustn't be working!

I have heard about the new legislation and i think like lots of these things it will be a fair way off before anything happens. That said, feedback tells us that the S6000 and S7000 can look quite out of place in a car as opposed to a truck or motorhome where the unit normally sits further away in a bigger cab.

The S5000 is more expensive for a few reasons -

1) It has the capability to take a reversing camera input so you can view what's happening behind you as you reverse

2) It's brand new, these things always stick to the RRP for a long while

3) It has an additional feature called Junction View which displays the actual road sign you are looking for when you come off the motorway.

It works in the same way as the S6000 - I think it looks a great unit but it's all down to personal preference on the screen size. 5" screen Vs 7" screen. I'd probably plump for the 5" for a car but it depends what vehicle it's going into.

Hi Phil,can you tell me makes the Snooper sat nav? ie Tom Tom, garmin or one off the others

Hi there - yes, the Snooper is a UK company who have been producing in-car gadgetry for over 30 years. They are based in Runcorn and all their navigation units work on the Navteq mapping system. Does that help at all?

• 1 month later...

I have recently bought the S5000 from www. satnavwarehouse. com and am loving it. Great sat nav - it really does what it says and provides the most approporiate route for your outfit (with or without the van).

Great service service from Phil at Sat Nav Warehouse too. I would definately recommend both the product and this supplier.