Moroccan Matting

looking at new floor covering for the awning and came across www. moroccanmatting. co. uk which looks interesting. anyone using this and, if so, is it ok to go straight onto the floor (grass or hardstanding) or does it need something as an underlay?

is it ok to go straight onto the floor (grass or hardstanding) or does it need something as an underlay?

Needs plastic sheeting underneath to ensure you completely kill all the grass :ph34r:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Seriously, I think it would just go down as it is.

I'm glad you posted this as I was looking for them earlier in the year and couldn't find the website as the old URL was defunct.

For use only on gravel pitches of course!

I'm glad you posted this as I was looking for them earlier in the year and couldn't find the website as the old URL was defunct.

For use only on gravel pitches of course!

glad to be of help :D

Bought someting very like this at the NEC show last year. We have used it for 12 months now and it still looks like new. Cleaning is a quick hose hown and hung in garage to dry. It is warm and dry under foot. Can't remember how much we paid but we thought it cheap compared to groundsheet material. very light weight as well.

ohh I think i like the look of this morrocan matting,how much does it cost,has anyone had a quote?

Prices are on the website Daisymaisy. Click on Matting Range.

Gordon

Have just checked and this is the same matting as we bought at NEC. It comes in fixed sizes and does not fit our awning fully so we can move it about and roll half up now and again to make sure grass underneath is ok. we found it excellent for hardstanding pitches you can't feel the gravel underneat with your bare feet.

Yay! they are back online. Was worried that they had gone bust or something. Looks great stuff. No doubt they will be at the NEC show next week so will add this to the purchase list!

Edited by RobJS

Prices are on the website Daisymaisy. Click on Matting Range.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon I did click on that section but obviously hadn't scrolled down far enough,all I need to do now is look and see where my measuring tape is and work out the size I need :D

Yay! they are back online. Was worried that they had gone bust or something. Looks great stuff. No doubt they will be at the NEC show next week so will add this to the purchase list!

Looks like I wasn't the only one looking for this site. I thought the same as you.

They used to do a green design which we liked, but I see this has been dropped. Not only do we have to decide on a new colour but they now do 2 designs. The pressure!! :unsure:

Gordon

Looks like I wasn't the only one looking for this site. I thought the same as you.

They used to do a green design which we liked, but I see this has been dropped. Not only do we have to decide on a new colour but they now do 2 designs. The pressure!! :unsure:

Gordon

Buy 2 different ones, you can use one,give the other one to me and I will look after it till your ready to swap :D

Yes, I spoke with them at the beginning of the year but they were out of stock, awaiting a shipment from the east(before the tsunami) . I waited a while then Their website broke!!! I have no doubt that they will be at the. Show next week. Think I will purchase one there as they may have an offer on.

Gordon

We bought some from them at Twinwood this year and apart from the size being labelled wrong resulting in a long walk to change it, it was very good . Nice to walk on and easy to clean. Think we paid £40 for a 4. 5 meter by 2. 4meter. We fix it with clip on gripper things that he sells at about £1 each and very pleased. He is also selling storage bags now but we have rolled ours up for storage as the creases will not show so much hopefully.

Yes, I spoke with them at the beginning of the year but they were out of stock, awaiting a shipment from the east(before the tsunami) . I waited a while then Their website broke!!! I have no doubt that they will be at the. Show next week. Think I will purchase one there as they may have an offer on.

Morocco was in Africa last time I looked at a map. near Ghdaffiland!!

Coachman Pastiche tugged by Mazda CX-7, Wine supplied by Sainsburys & sunday Times wine Club.

Morocco was in Africa last time I looked at a map. near Ghdaffiland!!

indeed but china, japan and other eastern countries produce everything these days it seems, from cockroaches on sticks to morroccan matting :)

• 1 year later...

I've just been into their warehouse this morning. Lovely chap sorted me out with a 3m by 2. 4 for 40 quid. It's unbelievably light and will do the job I'm sure when I'm out in France this year! Definitely recommended. Talking to the chap there, they also sell a very similar style but with a VW logo in it if you have a VW Camper.

Oh and they have lots in stock at the moment too!

Edited by RobJS