Snow Or Not ?

nigel129

Hi all, since hearing about bad snow forcast for end of October last month, ive heard little or nothing since to confirm that its still a possibility. With our trip planned and paid to Hereford at the end of the month, has anyone got any further info on the forcast ??. May have to take a look at beejays snow chains .

nigel

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,

Google long range weather forcast. ...although weather forcasts are not 100% accurate i dont think there will be much if any snow come end of October but then I remember the weather man saying "what hurricane" I did find this though http://www. netweather. tv/index. cgi?action=news;storyid=816;sess=

try a weather site called net weather tv and go on the model outputs discussion,there are some very good amateur weather forecasters and some pros on there and its probably one of the best met sites on the net always ahead of the BBC or the met office .

The only forcast I heard for snow at the end of October was going to be affecting the Highlands of Scotland (there's a surprise)! and possibly the very northern parts of the UK. Everywhere else was going to possibly suffer frosts.

As Rita says, go for it! If you have to tow in snow, just allow plenty of time and take it steady. It's great fun waking up with snow on the ground and being all toasty sat in the 'van.

Diefer

The snow was forcast for the highlands and has arrived. . My friend who lives just north of Inverness has snow there at the moment. .. Winter has started a bit early up there this year. ..

Yeap . ... snow fell at 4 of the 5 Scottish Ski Centres . .... yesyerday . .....

. .... and it's blooming cold . .... a high of 7C yesterday . .....

Cheers

Pete

Last week they forcast Scottish highlands would have snow this week while I was sitting in nearly 30 C didnt seem possible at the time .

Dave

Shops at my shopping centre are selling lots of snow shovels, they have had to order more in to keep up with the demand as people are not taking the chance after last year they are making sure they have one kept in the car. Lovely sunny day here and it's funny to see people walking home with their shovels lol

There Is no way they can forcast that far ahead, lucky If they get It right more than about 5 days.

The forcasters don't seem to get it right even when they look out their office windows!!

it is better to have and not need than need and not have. now is the time to start getting prepared for winter than last minute when places are out of stock with demand.

when the weather is bad i enjoy my job a bit more as it is more of a challange and like to make sure all my deliveries get done. especially delivering out in the sticks.

And I thought it was only me who during the "mini heatwave" last week took the dog a walk one nice night to the shop and came out with a snow shovel!! :D

No snow in Fife yet but bloody freezing - and heading up the caravan today, the sun's out but with all the wind just wondering if my awning's still snanding :wacko:

Compass Shadow 1988

Well thankyou all, as said, you can never predict whats going to happen, but as this will be the latest ive ever gone away in the van, just tought id see if anyone knew better.

a light spingling of snow in Hereford would be rather picturesque, how ever, a downfall could cause me a real prob as this trip is intended a a trial run leaving the kids, and dogs at home. Only 40 mile to shoot home, IN GOOD weather.

Now we come to http://anisigs. fateback. com/housemouse/images4/RitaHM. gif, youre only saying it so you can come and dig me out, wrap me up and nurse my snuffling nose.

post-1260-0-82230600-1317996135_thumb.jpg

Ill go for that xx

nig

PS, Snow shovels in Asda £8. 00, and if itll go wrong for me it will. !!

Well thankyou all, as said, you can never predict whats going to happen, but as this will be the latest ive ever gone away in the van, just tought id see if anyone knew better.

a light spingling of snow in Hereford would be rather picturesque, how ever, a downfall could cause me a real prob as this trip is intended a a trial run leaving the kids, and dogs at home. Only 40 mile to shoot home, IN GOOD weather.

Now we come to post-1260-0-04576500-1317996782_thumb.gif, youre only saying it so you can come and dig me out, wrap me up and nurse my snuffling nose.

post-1260-0-82230600-1317996135_thumb.jpg

Ill go for that xx

nig

PS, Snow shovels in Asda £8. 00, and if itll go wrong for me it will. !!

We had hail stones last night (06. 10. 11) and thunder and lightening, car windscreen was covered, we live in Derby, no mention of this in the weather sumary on TV. So as already stated get out and enjoy, we are away at Christmas, and hope it will snow. Last year we were in York and it was -20c with 4" of Ice, then it snowed, Great fun. :)

Archived