Caravan Storage In Newbury

Hi,

Hope this is the right place for this post.

Can anyone recommend a caravan storage site in or around Newbury, Berkshire?

Cheers,

Rich

I'm local in Newbury & there is nothing local around unless you are looking for a field near headley which doesnt appear that secure. We use the storage just off the M3 at Winchester (easy if you are going south & only 10 mins from the junction). DHG storage & we cannot fault them at all & bearing in mind the various costs people have mentioned its reasonable (plus the service is fantastic)

I've checked out the one near Winchester. Looks very good. Bit of a trek from Newbs though.

I think there's another one near Woolton Hill, but looking on google earth, looks just like a farmers field to me.

• 4 months later...

Not sure if you are still looking as we are also in Newbury and desperate for storage. We currently use easystorage at Wooten st Lawrence, Basingstoke. Did a search last night and SEM Automotive near Curridge have started to do secure vehicle and caravan storage. Just booked in with them £55 per month so not as cheap as Basingstoke but taking into account convenience and 80 mins worth of diesel to pick up or drop off worth every penny

Not sure if you are still looking as we are also in Newbury and desperate for storage. We currently use easystorage at Wooten st Lawrence, Basingstoke. Did a search last night and SEM Automotive near Curridge have started to do secure vehicle and caravan storage. Just booked in with them £55 per month so not as cheap as Basingstoke but taking into account convenience and 80 mins worth of diesel to pick up or drop off worth every penny

Thats a big step up from the £390 pa I'm paying in Winchester. I dont think I will be spending £270 on diesel to/from my current storage place (DHG). Also I find that we can pick up direct from there on the way to the South coast.

If we are going north or west, we just bring the van up onto the drive the night before & then we can load up the day before

http://www. dhgstorage. co. uk/7. html

During the summer they are open until 8pm (winter 6pm)

Trevor & Loraine are fantastic too

I've checked out the one near Winchester. Looks very good. Bit of a trek from Newbs though.

I think there's another one near Woolton Hill, but looking on google earth, looks just like a farmers field to me.

Rjm

I can be at dhg in around 30mins. Wouldn't bother with the one at woolton hill or the one over at Headley, basically a field and nothing else. Also security not so sure about. Othe reason of dhg was a friend recommended it to us, and they can't help enough.

Hi all,

Yes, I'm still looking for storage. I've pretty much given up on finding a decent one in Newbury. Mostly just a corner of a farmers field with a dodgy fence.

I'd not heard of the Curridge one, but £55 a month is too much for me.

I was coming around to the idea of a Winchester one. So thanks for the recommendation Milky. As you say, not too much of a problem to pick the van up a day or two in advance.

Cheers,

Rich

You wont be disappointed Rich. We cant fault DHG. You can even have engineers do work at the yard (& there is a cleaning service if you need that sort of thing). Also Gold standard CASSOA so it makes your insurance 10% cheaper. Say hi to Trevor or Loraine from the Marsh's!

Its 7 miles from the M3, so only 10 mins away from continuing your journey south or 40 mins back home if you are towing.

Works well for us

John

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread but potentially still relevant to some members as I found this thread in a google search.

There's a caravan storage compound on the outskirts of Newbury just on the Hampshire / Berkshire border. It's only just off the A34 and not far from junction 13 of the M4.

It's not accredited with any associations but the compound is fenced and has an alarmed gate. Contact details on the website:

newburycaravanstorage. uk