Shingle

Collecting our new Valencia on Saturday, hopefully the Isabella Magnum will be couriered tomorrow. I have booked a CL on our doorstep for one night to try things out. I want to put put the awning up the first time with a reduced audience!

Has anyone got any tips about testing all the systems? I'll go over it thoroughly before we leave the dealers, but the acid test will come when we're using it.

Hello there.

I'm sure you will love the Valencia.

My tip would be to get some awning rail lubricant as the rail if very tight. I take it you are getting Alutech pads for the awning.

Enjoy your new van.

Colin

Hello there.

I'm sure you will love the Valencia.

My tip would be to get some awning rail lubricant as the rail if very tight. I take it you are getting Alutech pads for the awning.

Enjoy your new van.

Colin

The Magnum shouldn't present much of a problem in the awning channel, as it won't need to negotiate the tight corner at the rear. It should also have the special beading (and pads) if it's been ordered specifically for a Bailey Alutech van. Ours flies through our channel and can be pulled along single handed.

Have a great time.

Hi there.

Looks like there's two of us trying our new vans out.

I'm off to Ripon to "learn" my Indiana on Saturday and Sunday AND the new porch awning too!

If anyone's in Ripon and you see a kite flying past, you know I've failed with the awning.

Enjoy your new van B)

Hi Shingle, I hope all goes well with the new van, we are doing the same this weekend the same caravan as well! I posted a couple of weeks ago asking what to look out for and the list was endless, but everyone thought the van was superb despite a few niggles. Let us know how you get on, I will do the same, enjoy! Camps

Hi - we are new owners of the Valencia - and the Alde takes a bit of getting used to - Concentrate on the top row of controls only and you will be fine - If you have electric hook up make sure the water heater switch by the sink unit is turned on -

I found the water filter in the aquaroll tended to float so cut a piece of plastic plumbing pipe the height of the aqua, unscrewed the filter, threaded the tubing through the plastic pipe and screwed back the filter - sorted now .

Like us you will find a few issues though very pleased indeed and the Alde heating is top notch

Enjoy

Hi, had my valencia since last october and have used my magnum porch awning most weekend only takes about 20 minutes now, one of the best awnings ive ever used, check the heating well, and all internal draws and external lockers for locking, check shower tray for gaps and all lights work internal and external, enjoy.

P. s away this weekend myself upton upon 7.

Mick

The above says it all good points.

Aldi heating is superb. Just remember it's a computer and therefore thick. It can only take one order at a time so you have to tell it lots of things. It is simple if you follow the instructions and not your head. I have sorted out one or two on sites for others and in every case it was operator error. For example switching it 'on' on the main control panel is one instruction. You still have to tell it whether gas or electric or both and how much electric to use, what temperature you want the van at (suggest 20 or 21 for starters, for gods sake turn it down at night, we use 12 ish degrees, unless you like sleeping in hot house.) e. t. c. For short stays we don't bother with the timers on the bottom row. SWMBO kicks me out 1/2 hour early and it takes two seconds to turn it up. 1/2 hour later back to 'warm as toast'

The bottom row i. e. auto timers and so on is also simple but the instructions are sometimes in a non logical order. That's the bad news the good news is that you don't have to even go there and you can ignore all the timer bit and still have a lovely warm van.

Check the level of the fluid in the wardrobe as per the instruction book once it has warmed up. And check it again for the first few uses. Ours was perfect with no air to bleed out, but friends Lunar had some air in the system so needed to top up a little.

Edited by Alan Stanley

Thanks for everyone's thoughts, Isabella arrived its well engineered and the bags are excellent. Whether I'll get it back in them after unboxing it remains to be seen. Mind you it ought to be top quality for the price. Weather is supposed to be reasonable on the south coast so It'll be putting the awning up, learning then back in the bag ready for Black Knowl half term.

Edited by Shingle

Enjoy, I'm sure you will. Good advice about the heating, it is brilliant when you get to know it. We are looking forward to the winter in our Valencia. We have a few niggles but nothing to stop our enjoyment.

Dave

Edited by caraman1