Unicorn Valencia Bed

den123

Message added by CT Advertising,

Prima logo.png  PRIMA Leisure is the home of Bailey parts

We have a range of official accessories and upgrades, as well as spare parts.

Designed specifically to make your Bailey journey the best that it can be. 

Click here for more.

hi guys how many of you find the bed realy hard whats the best thing to do to make it softer

Hi I find it fine though the missus uses a single memory foam topper

Hope this helps,

Nb we do use a double sleeping bag so this with soften the mattress to a degree

ive got two silentnight mattress toppers on mine. Nice and comfy now! Like a brick before! bought from Asda, usually have special offers on them

Yep mattress topper for us. A couple of drawbacks though, ours covers the entire bed so lifts the headboard off when we raise the bed & the extra weight means the gas strut won't hold the bed up ! Well worth it though.

RobJS --do you mean 2 on top of each other or side by side?

If on top of each other do you take the original mattress out?

Hi, we noticed this last year with our valencia, we bought a 'jovic' memory foam topper, these are made to size, just tell them what make and model you have,,,its the bees knees, perfect sleep every night. .. Love it.

Mick

Hi,

Can someone tell me if you put your fitted sheet over or under the topper - just thinking that the Jonic fitted sheet I use is made to fit the mattress and probably wouldn't go over a topper as well?

After one night we bought the Jonic memory foam topper and would not be without it. ....

Am thinking of looking at beefing up the hinges / hydraulics, though, as it will not stay upright unless topper removed. .....

Hi,

Can someone tell me if you put your fitted sheet over or under the topper - just thinking that the Jonic fitted sheet I use is made to fit the mattress and probably wouldn't go over a topper as well?

Jonic make a 2" deeper fitted sheet to go over the mattress and topper. That is what we use and it's V good.

Dave

Any ideas on beefing up the gas strut which holds the bed up. I noticed it does not stay up with a mattress topper on.

Mick

Jonic make a 2" deeper fitted sheet to go over the mattress and topper. That is what we use and it's V good.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I wasn't aware of the deeper sheets - just come from the NEC show today and looked closer at the toppers - very keen to get one at the right price!

Glen.

We use a 50mm thick Raskelf silver grade topper, this comes with a washable zip on cover for our Pegasus 534 with a fitted sheet supplied by them, found the bed as supplied so hard. Begs the question, why do Bailey make the bed this way, will have to ask them Sunday at the NEC? So many people criticise it. When Raskelf made our topper we had a loose piece made for the headboard end so that it isn't lifted off when we raise the bed. When I raise the bed I use a piece of timber to prop it.

Any ideas on beefing up the gas strut which holds the bed up. I noticed it does not stay up with a mattress topper on.

Mick

I made a wooden prop with a cut out in the top to fit the metal bed frame. Now I don't decapitate myself when loading/unloading from under the bed.

Tom

We have a awning broom that doubles as the prop. Brush head up works a treat.

Me and the wife must be really hard, as we find the hard mattress very comfortable.

The clanger we made was buying a duvet cover, its just a waste of money with the central heating, this week we have both been pushing the duvet off, just to cool off.

The bed stays up with the duvet on, no problem.

We both find the wrap round front upholstery hard on the back through, even with two cushions, so we use a bed pillar as well.

Edited by xtrailman

I have just ordered a Raskelf silver memory foam topper. Now we should be more comfortable and have an excuse to go away again to try it out. !!!!!

Stewart :rolleyes: