Unicorn Valencia Winter Cover Or Not?

foxfold2002

Hi, I am going to the caravan / motorhome show next week, and would like other bailey owners opinions on either a pro tec cover or specialized cover, or not. ..., what are the pro's and con's.

Do these vans really need a cover or will i just increase the chance of damp and condensation in a wonderfull van. .. ps I did not use a cover last year, the van was left in outside storage and did not get dirty, but on visiting a few occasions I could not get into the van as the lock was froze up. ..

Mick

We have a 4 month old unicorn and I would never consider using a cover.

Firstly there is the faff - we bought one for our last van and had a go at putting it on then just gave up. The thought of cleaning grit off the van prior to use is just ridiculous to us.

We use ours all year round and never had any issues with the previous van through the worst of the snow and temps.

I clean it regularly with good quality products which keeps it looking tip top.

Using the van every other weekend keeps it nice and dry too. ...

Mick, we pondered whether or not we should get a cover for our Valencia. In the end we decided against it as where we store our van it can get a little windy and flapping cover could cause some rubbing/marking on the van. We were also indendantly advised against using one by our dealer.

Al,

Bought a cover for our previous van, used it once. It`s quite a job putting it on and as we use our van through the winter it`s just not worth it.

I try to keep the roof reasonably clean of things likely to stain, leaves, bird droppings etc and have just given the roof a good polish which makes washing easier.

We do get nice days in the Winter and if we are not going away I pop down to the storage site and give the van a quick wash. It can be quite theraputive. Have I spelt that right ?

My vote is for no cover,

Bob