Fridge Vent

Tandem Man

Just been reading a post regarding the fridge being powered from the tow car whilst on the move.

In this scenario should you remove the fridge vent cover on the outside of the caravan prior to setting off ?

Ian

They are winter cover you are referring to? Good question.

Keep the rain out when traveling but I bet there is sufficient draft for the fridge to operate with them on

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

They are winter cover you are referring to? Good question.

Keep the rain out when traveling but I bet there is sufficient draft for the fridge to operate with them on

Yes sorry the winter covers was what i was referring to.

Ian

Winter covers should only be used when the temperature is 8 degrees or below.

It is, however, a good idea to use them if storing the van for prolonged periods to stop dust and dirt being blown into the back of the fridge, and when washing the van to keep water out.

Travelling with them on, and operating on 12v should not present any problems, but remember to remove them when on site if the temp is above 8 degrees.

I am led to belive that while travelling, and the fridge being powered from the car, that the tempreture is purely maintained. The fridge will not get any colder. Indeed when we have set off with a warm fridge, powering from the car will not get the fridge going. so the vent covers are probably superfulous anyway. I also believe they are easily lost while travelling.

Archived