Atc Resetting

darrell

Can the ATC memory be reset please. I have heard that the unit only memorises the first 12 incidents and then must be re set.

If this is the case, does anyone know how this is done, is it a case of crawling under the caravan removing the electrical connection from the activation unit and re connecting?

Not that in 2500 miles I've every felt the ATC activate

Lunar Ultima 560 towed by VW Tiguan 2. 0TDi

Yes it can be reset.

You have to leave it plugged in for 12hrs.

It only needs a reset when the red light comes on and stays on.

No reset should be required under normal operation.

You should find the information in your atc instruction manual or you can get a pdf download from the alko website.

Diagnostics can only be done by alko.

Brian

Thanks Brian, but what about the drain on my car battery if I leave it plugged in for 12 hours?

I once had a flat battery with my previous car, a Sorento when I left it hooked up to my previous caravan a series 7 Pageant which also had the ATC fitted.

I put it down to the ATC light being on so long or a short which caused the fridge to power on??? But I don't really know for sure anymore.

Also why does it have to be reset?

Lunar Ultima 560 towed by VW Tiguan 2. 0TDi

Can the ATC memory be reset please. I have heard that the unit only memorises the first 12 incidents and then must be re set.

If this is the case, does anyone know how this is done, is it a case of crawling under the caravan removing the electrical connection from the activation unit and re connecting?

Not that in 2500 miles I've every felt the ATC activate

Darrell,according to the AL-KO instructions it is only 12 "operating errors" that are logged not 12 "braking incidents".

Ian

Thanks Brian, but what about the drain on my car battery if I leave it plugged in for 12 hours?

I once had a flat battery with my previous car, a Sorento when I left it hooked up to my previous caravan a series 7 Pageant which also had the ATC fitted.

I put it down to the ATC light being on so long or a short which caused the fridge to power on??? But I don't really know for sure anymore.

Also why does it have to be reset?

According to alko the drain on the battery is minimal, mind you I have had atc for 10months now and never had to reset the system.

Never had any problems with atc. However most people on CT who have troubles always seem to point at the wiring.

Not sure about the fridge coming on power, it certainly should not be on as the split charge relay would not be closed and therefore no power to the fridge.

Brian

Had it for over three years, that's now coming up to four summers worth of caravanning and 11,452 miles towed but never had cause to "reset" it.

Certainly know it cuts in every so often, not to and extent that implies poor towing stability of the unit but to an extent that gives confidence its doing what it should.

The outfit a SA 1900kg van at a 69% weight ratio with the most impeccable towing manners I have known in 35 years of caravan towing. I am aware very occasionally that it occurs exiting "S" bends through roundabouts and traversing lumpy CL and rally fields, just what I would expect to instigate a yaw oscillation.