Help! Unwanted Bugs Living In My Van

mrbigglebongs

Hotel wheels was never really meant to be this popular, atleast with creepy crawlies.

For some reason I've got myself a bit of a bug problem in my vans Luton area. It seems that there are quite a lot of little bugs / beetle and fly type thingies that are always crawling around the ply base board of the luton. Some of them are literally like mite size, I mean you virtually need a magnifying glass to see them. The bigger ones (I'm guessing the adults) are clearly like tiny black beetles, almost like flour beetles (if anyones been a baker at some point you'll know what kind I mean)

Anyway I'm really not sure how they are surviving there, the damp problem has been tackled to the best of my knowledge plus it hasnt rained in quite some time, but obviously the plywood base is still quite badly cracked from it's previous damp life but otherwise it's still perfectly sound hence it was kept.

Any idea what these are, why they are here and how to show them the door?

Cheers.

P051011_17450003.jpg

P051011_17450002.jpg

They are there because of moisture?

Use Raid to kill off what you have and dry out as much as you can.

Food is what they survive on and minuscule grains are what they are looking for. (dead skin cells? :blink: )

Ant powder well brushed in and even Talcum powder which will draw up moisture I suppose.

I have been told that Talcum is as good as Ant powder for dealing with Ants.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Not sure about the woods, interesting suggestion though but I'm a bit worried about the insecticide as my little daughter sleeps on that panel (with carpet tiles over the bare ply board, of course!)

Do you think a few coats of thick varnish would kill off the *****?

http://www. thebuglab. ..-Specimens. html

Check here to see if you can recognise any. :unsure:

That came from Google Image Search.

Try a Google of 'small bugs' click image

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Do you think a few coats of thick varnish would kill off the *****?

What size brush will you use, and how will you hold the little ***** still while you varnish them?

Raid is safe but check on the tin. It will kill your bugs.

Dethlac spray will stop them coming back.

Cover over with your tiles after application.

Re-coat every month until they stop appearing?

. .............................................................................................................................................................

As they are in the Luton which I take to be the over the cab bunk I assume they may be BED-BUGS.

If this was a wooden bed frame It would normally be burnt on a fire!

Treat as BED BUGS and kill them ASAP.

Check very carefully ALL cracks and corners for the EGGS. (which is why you burn the bed)

Archived