Remote Control For Bailey Senator Tv

The remote control for our Bailey supplied unbranded TV packed up recently so a replacement was needed but I didn't want the hassle of a "universal". Luckily a friend recognised that the remote for their Goodmans model looked identical and sure enough it worked! Of course it was not possible to obtain this remote, either from Bailey, the TV supplier or from the high street. An internet search for the Goodmans model no. (LD1971D) revealed that Amazon sell a replacement but not identical item, a Classic IRC81910, it is sold through a third party. When I started to order it I thought the P&P for such a small item was excessive, so went back to the internet and found the same remote on sale from Ransom Spares at a more sensible P&P cost. I now have the new remote and it works perfectly, once I realised the the buttons in similar positions on both remotes do the same job no matter what the labels say.