New Stealth Concordia

Gordon

Stealth Concordia.

From the two berth Harmony, to the 5 berth Tranquility with its separate children’s bedroom including two fixed bunks, and a single dinette, the new Stealth Concordia range from Dunster House has a much more conventional look than the earlier Defiant, yet still has "anthracite" colour front and rear panel inserts.

The Mid-range Serenity offers the luxury of a fixed double bed, a large shower and washroom, and a well-appointed front lounge area, while all three models offer a duel-fuel cooker hob, and in addition to the fridge, a dedicated chilled drinks cabinet as standard. Storage space in all models is adequate, and the front bed bases are of a design that I believe is unique to Stealth, although some of the cupboards would benefit from a dividing shelf, and larger items in the kitchen drawer unit may be prone to falling behind the unit while on tow. Higher drawer backs, or a retaining rail would simply resolve this minor problem.

MTPLM figures for the Concordia range from 1360Kgs to 1580Kgs, while the body width, at 2330mm sits nicely between the "standard" and "wide bodied" width offered by other manufacturers. Starting at £17,575, these new models will be officially launched at the NEC Birmingham, on 11 October, so I suggest you take the time to view them on stand 18-27 if you are attending the Motorhome & Caravan Show and see them for yourself. In the meantime here are a couple of pictures to whet your appetite. More to follow after the NEC launch.

Gordon.

CT_Stealth_03A.jpg

CT_Stealth_02.jpg

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

This one has more appeal than the older ones, however experiences of other people who have had them show quite a lot of weaknesses. Think about the trade in value too. Maybe one to keep an eye on, but not my wallet. :(

We love our stealth X63 SE-L, had no problems with it, interesting that stealth have produced something more "normal" but we love ours and don't plan to change to a new one. can see the new ones appealing to the regular caravanning crowd but we like standing out in our original stealth!!! we're always being asked by other campers if they can see inside and being told how gorgeous it is.

• 2 weeks later...

We looked at the new Concordia today at the NEC.

Great!

A few things, the owner is over six foot (same as me) and he can lie on the bench sofas. The bed is also a proper rectangle without a cut off. I have found my left leg is usually hung of the bed with our cut off bed.

Also the small opening adjacent to the door under the left bench seat. Perfect for storing your shoes. Ours are always in the doorway while the space under the bench seat is usually un-used. Every caravan will soon have this feature!

No curtains, first thing we did with our Ace Supreme twinstar is remove the curtains and the carpets. We hate the flouncy chincey look.

And lot's of angular design. Obviously cheaper and easier to manufacture and maintain. Plus better for storage. And much more contemporary.

Oh and a proper sized rectangular shower. Great for six foot blokes with broad shoulders.

It's why we visited the NEC today (to take a look) and will probably be our next caravan! One to two years old though after the depreciation has kicked in.

Saw them ourselves today. Wow, the stand was busy1 Herself loved them too which is the most important thing. Cant wait, got to decide now between them PXing my Swift or selling it privately

Oh also forgot to mention, the front drawer system designed into the front locker giving oodles of room between the benches. And the front chiller where the bottom drawer usually is. Great. No more dragging yourself to the fridge for another glass of wine. Oh and the way that you can just extend one of the front beds, leaving the other intact. So comfortable for television watching if you've got broad shoulders like me.

Am I gushing now.

Finally a caravan manufacturer who has got modern style ethics!

I liked the concordia, looks like dunster house are going in the right direction

I also had a look at the intrepid,thought it was very different, then I looked a bit deeper & noiticed a lot of naff MDF in places & poorly fitted units, so it got the thumbs down from me in the end

Now that the "cat's out of the bag" and a number of members have now seen the new Concordia range at the NEC, as promised for those who have not seen them yet, here are a couple more pictures I snapped at the factory.

CT_Stealth_01.jpg Harmony_100_1562a.jpg Harmony_100_1569a.jpg

Harmony_100_1566a.jpg Harmony_100_1710a.jpg Serenity_100_1680a.jpg

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

We looked at the new Concordia today at the NEC.

Great!

A few things, the owner is over six foot (same as me) and he can lie on the bench sofas. The bed is also a proper rectangle without a cut off. I have found my left leg is usually hung of the bed with our cut off bed.

Also the small opening adjacent to the door under the left bench seat. Perfect for storing your shoes. Ours are always in the doorway while the space under the bench seat is usually un-used. Every caravan will soon have this feature!

They really are brilliant vans, it's why we love ours, the designers really know their stuff!

we went to the show to have ageneral look around, mainly at FB's and in particular the Valencia because we keep hearing what a good 'un it is.

we nearly gave the Stealth stand a miss, but something made us Q and have a lookysee in the Concordia . ... OH says its VERY NICE on first glance. We made comment regarding the upholstery colours to a 'rep' and were treated excellently with the offer of a private viewing if we wanted and of course a visit to the Bedford showroom/depot place.

cubby hole near the door . .neat use of space

additional cooler or a very deep drawer space at the front

buried front chest/drawers . ...loads of room

no cut off on the bed

general feeling of solidity in the cabinetry

Quirky front end . ...HATE the Intrepid front.

Dislike:

TV station smack bang in the middle of a wide shelf . .... idea is sound . ..maybe it would have been better as a unit with the cables running in a 'sleeve'? that way it could be position out of the way or to the left or right as req'd.

Not Sure!!:

the control panel at the front of the van behind a panel . .. i suppose i could get used to it, but i like my panel near the entrance /exit so i can isolate as i leave. .

Overall i like it . .. depreciation could be the 'kill pig' though.

Although I haven't got one and won't be considering a new van fot at least three years,I'm really pleased that this company has had the guts to produce something different (and up to date) for the British market.

I hope they continue to "up their game" and quality so that,at last,we can have a real challenger to the ubiquitous German brands-which aren't always as good as they are cracked up to be-particularly now that the exchange rate has made them far too expensive.

I think it looks hideous, very 70's.

Cheap and tacky. :o

http://www. practicalcaravan. com/news/watch-our-review-stealth-concordia-tranquility

Edited by xtrailman

Each to their own. ......................as always. .......or as Marmite.

Thats right.

Being a retired electrician, i found the surface fixed plastic trunking to the roof lights, very DIY, not had a caravan like that for a very very long time.

• 4 months later...

Hi we really fancied a Stealth - we liked the layout with an end bathroom one end and a double bed the other end. But a combination of never seeing one on the road or at a site and the sparse look of the inside put us off - so we went for the Bailey Unicorn Valencia - so far despite some teething problems is it a brill van -but there is time yet - we only took delivery in Dec 2012 !