Whale Sub Pump Help Needed

t a f

Hi all.

When i connect my pump up to the caravan i push it onto the connection then close the lid so it holds it in place as we all do BUT it starts to leak water abet not every time so i have to push it tight then close the lid again to stop the water leaking, are they any rubber washes on the caravan that are loose/not on the pump is a new one so i have eliminated that. My caravan is a swift Duette 1999.

Thanks in advance. Wayne.

Hate to say you may have the wrong size washer.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I agree with lefthanddown. whenever you get a leak where the pump is pushed home into the side of the'van it is nearly always the "O" ring to blame. Good news is you can buy spare ones for a few pence. . Peter :)

YOU NEED A WATER MASTER SERVICE KIT AK8834 IT CONTAINS THE O RINGS FOR THE PUMP PLUG AND ALL THE SEALS FOR THE SOCKET. IF YOU LOOK IN THE SOCKET FROM THE OUTSIDE OF THE VAN THERE ARE 4 SCREWS, UNDO THEM AND TAKE THE BLUE PLASTIC FACE PLATE OUT, YOU WILL THEN SEE ALL THE SEALS THAT NEED CHANGING

Another example of a simple thing being complicated by having to buy a whole kit. I used to be an engineer (an old fashioned type) when a "o" ring was a minute to fit and a couple of pence to buy. Ah well!!!! :(

YOU NEED A WATER MASTER SERVICE KIT AK8834 IT CONTAINS THE O RINGS FOR THE PUMP PLUG AND ALL THE SEALS FOR THE SOCKET. IF YOU LOOK IN THE SOCKET FROM THE OUTSIDE OF THE VAN THERE ARE 4 SCREWS, UNDO THEM AND TAKE THE BLUE PLASTIC FACE PLATE OUT, YOU WILL THEN SEE ALL THE SEALS THAT NEED CHANGING

Thank You for the replies i will look at the washers when we arrive at a site in Morecambe this weekend & thank you for the other replies & Peterjohn i know what you mean LoL

I have the same problem.

I emailed Whale and said "Where can I get replacement o rings from" and 4 days later I have received 4 o rings from whale in the post

Great customer service!

Archived