New Towcar Advice

brightredrover

Guest john1215
I am hoping someone can advise as it is driving me crazy.   I have a budget of 13-15k for a new towcar (must be new as it is a works car)

What would you recommend?????

3238[/snapback]

You have to be guided really by the max weight of your van, if you stick to keeping that weight to 85% of the weight of the new car you should be okay. You can go outside this limit but 85% is a safe guide.

john1215

You might find the Santa Fe is just over budget, but the Hyundai Tucson is probably ok.

Kia Sedona, if a people carrier will do, will tow most things. Might be right on the upper limit of the budget but you can always haggle.

You might find the Santa Fe is just over budget, but the Hyundai Tucson is probably ok.

Kia Sedona, if a people carrier will do, will tow most things.   Might be right on the upper limit of the budget but you can always haggle.

3680[/snapback]

our Sedona cost us more then £15,000 it costs on the road inc vat £17. 000 so I think he will have to go for something a bit cheaper its a shame though they tow like a dream :rolleyes:

Look at the rest and then buy the best. VW Passat TDI PD130 SE or Sport,1500+kgs kerbweight,1600kgs max tow,average 48+mpg solo and average 30mpg towing. It's the same as an Audi for Mondeo money (nothing wrong with Mondeo).There will be some good deals around as the new Passat is due out this year,as well as the usual pre-reg bargains. Not that I'm biased. :)

Frank