Water Ingress On Luner Quaser 546 2011 Van Mid Bunk Window

andrew5331

picked up our van from storage to go on holiday (sep weekend) and found that water was coming in middle window at mid level bunk as the matress and the matress below were both soaking we phoned dealer (kirkclady caravans) and they told us to bring it back and they would fix it while we wait

my worry is that this may have been going on since we got the van back in APRIL is there any wat to check

the moisture content in the floor (under floor covering at bottom bunk to make sure that this area is not badly damaged)

Also on a seperate issue our pump packed in after only the 5th time of use from april of this year will i be able to get this replaced under warrenty

any comments welcome

thanks Andy

We've got a 546 2009 from kirkcaldy, no problems with the middle window. Since it's so new I'm sure they'll do a reading and then see what's what. Pretty sure you'll get a new pump too.

Kirkcaldy caravans service dept was a wee bit ropey when we first got ours. They have new staff that seem to know what they're doing now.

Talk it over with them so they know your worries over the dampness issue.

Good luck

Nicky

Make sure

Edited by NickyC

"Fix it while you wait" seems rather optimistic! Will they replace the damaged matress? How can a serious water ingress be fixed whilst you wait!

Don't be fobbed off - Get the repair done properly and enjoy many years without issues. If the van is under guarantee then enjoy your holiday if that's possible with a wet bed - BUT get the van back for a FULL repair when you return.

Ask them to check the moisture content whilst you wait. Watch them! And be sure to challenge any really high readings.

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg.