What's It For!?

srelph

In my 2010 Lunar Quasar 546 there is a small catch to the right just inside the door. It is the kind of catch you would expect to put a tube based item (about 1cm in diameter) into.

Does anybody know what it is for?

Hows about the winding handle ?

Or a very long narrow bottle filled with Southern Comfort or the like :rolleyes:

Pete of the BO

In my LX 2000, the clip by the door is where you put the leg of the dinette table when you make it into a bed. Same thing 10 years later?

Winding handle, Pete. Who still uses one of those? Holster for the 'leccy drill on your Levi jeans more like :)

Edited by hawkaye

Ah ! Hawk - PLEASE credit me with a bit of common sense.

Thats part of Sue's department.

Leccie drill - the very thought :o

Edited by Bailey Oklahoma

In my 2010 Lunar Quasar 546 there is a small catch to the right just inside the door. It is the kind of catch you would expect to put a tube based item (about 1cm in diameter) into.

Does anybody know what it is for?

Any chance you could post a piccie?

Hi there

We have a clip (similar to the type used to hold water pipes in place along walls etc) next to the door on our Lexon. As mentioned by Hawkaye it is for holding the side dinette table leg when travelling or using the side dinette bed.

Thanks.

Peter

Thanks for the input - I now think it is a redundant bit of kit on my model! I think I agree that it is for a table leg, but for me I dont need to remove the leg on my table as it folds under when not in use. I also asked my dealer - and he did not know!

Thanks again!

Funny, I have the same thing on my 546 and have never yet worked out what it's for. ...seems like no one including the manufacturer seems to know!

Chris

Edited by rolydog2001

Have this clip on my 2005 Clubman, its never been used because the dinette table is always in place, but I was assured by dealer it was for storing the table leg when the top was used to make the single bunk up

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I have taken delivery today of a new to me 2011 Lunar Clubman ES and I was sure that someone on here would know the answer to the clip question. It can't be for the side dinette table leg, at least on my van, because the leg is not round. The other question I have is, is there a switch for the 'mood' lighting LED strips over the front side windows and the kitchen area.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now decided like another poster that it is a redundant item so I removed it. Because of what others have said I believe that it was factory fitted so was screwed into a substantial piece of the framework, I screwed my fire extinguisher in its place. Much more use than a clip of unknown usage

Re the LED strips - if it's the same as my van there is a switch to the right of the kitchen area with a single plug socket in the same panel. That switch should do the LED strip.

Hi there

The switch for the led strip lights over the front side windows and the one in the kitchen area is at one end of the led strip. It is a push and click on/off type of switch.

The mood lighting in the roof lights is controlled by a little black switch. Depending on the model determines where they are. We have one over the rear fixed bed and one on the off side wall, near where the the kitchen worktop starts.

Thanks.

Peter